2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a new ‘18 Accord 2.0T Touring with the 10-speed that I just bought a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been noticing consistently that the shifting between 2nd and 3rd gear in normal driving mode or Sport is unusually hard. All other gears (1-2, 4-9)are normal with the exception of when it goes into 10th gear, in which case there is also frequently an unusually hard jerk as it goes in. Have any of you noticed this issue with this vehicle? Is this normal or should I be concerned?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all. I have a new ‘18 Accord 2.0T Touring with the 10-speed that I just bought a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been noticing consistently that the shifting between 2nd and 3rd gear in normal driving mode or Sport is unusually hard. All other gears (1-2, 4-9)are normal with the exception of when it goes into 10th gear, in which case there is also frequently an unusually hard jerk as it goes in. Have any of you noticed this issue with this vehicle? Is this normal or should I be concerned?
Hello! My '18 with about 1,700 miles on it as of 7/30/2018 was shifting rather roughly until I hit the 1,000 mile mark. Since then, it's been pretty smooth. I think it's worth pointing out that it shifts much more smoothly in "regular" mode. The shifting in Econ mode prioritizes fuel economy over comfort; and in Sport mode, the shifting feels almost like a dual-clutch transmission. Good luck and drive safely!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello! My '18 with about 1,700 miles on it as of 7/30/2018 was shifting rather roughly until I hit the 1,000 mile mark. Since then, it's been pretty smooth. I think it's worth pointing out that it shifts much more smoothly in "regular" mode. The shifting in Econ mode prioritizes fuel economy over comfort; and in Sport mode, the shifting feels almost like a dual-clutch transmission. Good luck and drive safely!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts