2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,553 Posts
I wonder if this would work for programming a second remote for those models that already come w/remote start. My wife has a '19 TLX and both of the remotes for that vehicle have remote start capabilities.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That will come down to how many keys the system allows. I thought I heard some notion of "Driver 1 and Driver 2". I'm not sure if Honda limits it to just two keys but I suppose it's possible as each OEM handles it a bit differently. That said one of the folks that did this already on their 1.5t could answer by letting us know if all 3 key fobs work or if it replaces one of them with the remote start one.

I'll probably be doing this soon as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told that the key 72147-TVA-A11 works as well not sure about it though, that’s the thread I keep posting to see if anyone has info on that but no answer!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
IT WORKS! Hah. I just did it myself using the Honda Immobilizer software. Only took a few minutes once things were situated (their website kinda sucks and kept having problems). Unfortunately unless you have a Locksmith ID it's not something you can necessarily do a home but it is a fairly easy process. My two existing keys work just fine, and the remote start key works for all functions. Can't wait for the next cold morning to test out the remote start!

I ordered part # 72147-TVA-A01

·
Registered
1 Posts
It does indeed work!! You should have seen the look on the locksmith's face ( Priceless ) he told me there was no way in **** it was going to work. I LOVE proving people wrong, gives you that warm fuzzy felling. all said & done. $30 for the key fob - Ebay, $60 to program it, & the wife happy. Worth every dollar...

·
Registered
37 Posts
It does indeed work!! You should have seen the look on the locksmith's face ( Priceless ) he told me there was no way in **** it was going to work. I LOVE proving people wrong, gives you that warm fuzzy felling. all said & done. $30 for the key fob - Ebay, $60 to program it, & the wife happy. Worth every dollar...
Did you use a used or new aftermarket fob, or did you need to buy a new. unprogrammed OEM fob?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Never mind figured it all out.
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread BUT I was wondering if this will work on a 2019 honda accord lx 1.5t?

Also the youtube link seems to be dead?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Never mind figured it all out.
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread BUT I was wondering if this will work on a 2019 honda accord lx 1.5t?

Also the youtube link seems to be dead?
Yes, it will work. Note, you don’t need the EX-L remote (which has the 1 or 2 on the back to use with memory seat settings). You can use the remote from the EX.

·
Super Moderator
1,553 Posts
Yes, it will work. Note, you don’t need EX-L remote (which has the 1 or 2 on the back to use with memory seat settings). You can use the remote from the EX.
Good info/advice... not having the 1 or 2 on the back w/o the memory seats makes it appear to be original from the factory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts