2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem. If so has honda addressed this problem? It's a great car but this is a poor application for park and drive letters they need to be covered in plastic to keep them from wearing off from use

·
Administrator
2,549 Posts
First I've heard of this. :eek: ? How old is your (what model year) car and how many miles? Can you post a picture of what yours look like?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thats pretty amazing really, Reminds me of my Keyboard. You can only still see like 3 full letters lol

How on earth though? DO you sit there rubbing the buttons at traffic lights or something?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 6-spd which won't have this problem, but I'm still interested to see pics of what OP is talking about. Seems really premature to have the buttons lose material when this generation is only 3 years old.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I've worn out 3 Key Broads and 5 Computers , but Good Key Broads are for 2 Million strokes and rebuild-able . I used those in My work ..
Must be the Alcoholic Residual - like the Kind from Finger Prints that Rust Metal .. or .. Your Pushing Really Hard ~
Or Running Uber in Your Black Accord in ~ NYC ~ LOL ? just Kidding // How Many Miles on this Accord all Items of Concern should be Collected , Posted , Checked . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same thing in my wifes car. I did a search for anyone else on the interwebs mentioning this and came up empty. The P and D are are almost off with 24,000 miles. It was purchased new in May 2018.

·
Administrator
2,549 Posts
Same thing in my wifes car. I did a search for anyone else on the interwebs mentioning this and came up empty. The P and D are are almost off with 24,000 miles. It was purchased new in May 2018.
Can you provide pics of what yours look like?

·
Administrator
2,549 Posts
@PhotoByFriend thanks for providing the pictures... I can see where there is some loss of the lettering, however not to make light of this I was under the impression from your post it would be a lot worse "The P and D are are almost off". It would have been nice if Honda would have put the lettering on the underside of these buttons instead of what appears that they are on the top. Been trying to find a part number for the buttons or assembly to see how expensive they are but not able to find anything on what I thought they may be called.

·
Registered
21 Posts
With some more searching found a video on YouTube showing how to remove center console (not as difficult as I thought)...

Removing middle console 2018 Honda Accord + wrapping
Oh yea it's really not that bad. I had to remove the center console to install the Acuity shift boot collar when I upgraded my shift knob. Just be sure to use a proper plastic body panel tool. I scratched some of mine with a screwdriver because I couldn't find my pry tool. Fortunately, it was the underside and you can't really see it. Ended up just going out and buying another set of tools and got everything off in like 10 mins.

With regards to OP, I was also expecting it to be a lot worse, but this is still unacceptable. It's not like the traction control button or some auxiliary function button. These are the most commonly used buttons in the vehicle and they shouldn't be wearing down this quickly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having this problem too. I have a 2019 EX-L with 19K miles and the P on the park button looks just like the one pictured. One dealer told me it was because I spilled a soda on the buttons, which has never happened. I called Honda about it and they told me to take it to a different dealer. I am going to do this next week. I hope this isn't a reoccurring issue.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
385 Posts
I say black them all out. That way, if someone tries to steal your car, they won't know how to drive it... ;P

1 - 20 of 20 Posts