2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve wanted an accord for years. Last car my wife and I owned were 08 civic ex mt, and 08 fit sport mt. I searched for a long time and finally found a cpo, very low mileage(1100 miles) car, got the super extended warranty, yadda yadda.
Picked up a 2019, 2.0t MT. Absolutely love the car. Only a handful of things that I would change but overall it’s a great and fun to drive car.

I wanted to start a post with ALL the issues I’m having in hopes that others are having these issues and that there are easy diy fixes.
1.) right blinker cuts out radio. I know there is a service bulletin for this. Unfortunately when I brought the car in it was no longer doing it and they wouldn’t work on it without me replicating it in person.

2.) fm/am no longer makes any noise. The blinker issue happened a few times and seemed to cure itself, this issue has been going on a few weeks now and I’m curious if there is a factory reset or something for the head unit? Apple car play will stream music no problem, but if I want sports radio? No dice!

3.)driver side seat belt adjuster rattles. Can never replicate it for the dealer. It’s the slide adjuster and when I lower it, the rattle goes away but makes the seatbelt angle a bit uncomfortable. I’m tall guy so having it at the max setting is nice. Now the top two settings rattles and it’s driving me crazy.

4.) rear deck rattle. I think it’s the car seat anchors but of course I can’t replicate it while my wife drives and I sit back there and mess with them. I’m almost positive it’s the anchor covers and short of gluing them in place....

5.) front seat creak. Feels like the seat may be loose, but occasionally when I accelerate from a stop I can make the seat creak. Initially thought it was the suspension but after a few days I found it’s the seat.

6.) sunroof rattles. Rattles with it open and closed but way more when open. Saw another post but didn’t seem like owner posted the resolution. I can replicate it by touching it, just like the other poster but dealer says “I’m making it make the sound.” And won’t do anything.

looking forward to any input. Irritating when you buy a 30k car to have annoying rattles.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
some of that electrical stuff may be related to the bcm recall. I would have them perform the recall whether the car is doing that stuff when you bring it in or not. I came from the civicx where people always had rattles and creaks but my 10th gen civic and accord have both never given me any trouble with that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a BCM reflash recall. get your VIN and find the recall search on honda's website. if its eligible get it done. might help
My vin calls for the BCM reflash recall according to the website. The dealership told me that my car isn’t affected despite the bulletin. Totally sucks because my car has very similar issues to the OP’s but Honda won’t address it or take it seriously.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
My vin calls for the BCM reflash recall according to the website. The dealership told me that my car isn’t affected despite the bulletin. Totally sucks because my car has very similar issues to the OP’s but Honda won’t address it or take it seriously.
that doesn't make any sense. you call another dealer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
that doesn't make any sense. you call another dealer?
It’s all been settled now through HOA. Turns out, the parter (dealer) not performing the recall per the TSB is why I had an open and shut case. My attorney (who happens to be my brother) argued that they willingly let me leave with a car calling for a repair. Months after the denial of recall the problems began to eat my car like a cancer. Honda didn’t even fight it anymore after that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.