2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
2,878 Posts
I too drive my car (2018) very little (currently at 10.8 K) and replaced my battery in Aug 2021 (about 49 months). With all the electronics in our cars it will wear on a battery, especially if it's not driven much and those trips are short mileage. Since I don't drive my car much, I try to take it on a 50/60-minute highway drive couple times a month. This helps the battery charge back up and also get oil up to operating temperature to burn off any impurities.

You mentioned your car is garaged and you use the battery tender twice a year you may get better luck/longevity of the battery if you kept it connected at all times when it's in the garage. I own a motorcycle that I use a battery tender on and keep it connected at all times when parked. I've gotten 6 - 8 years or longer out of a battery doing this.

· Administrator
2,878 Posts
@Bill in SRQ I live in the northern part of Southeast USA. I would be interested in knowing who makes the "Honda" branded battery... that may provide information as to the quality of the battery. I didn't replace mine with another "Honda" battery... replaced with a DieHard. Time will tell if it lasts longer than the OEM branded one. :unsure:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts