2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 1.5t
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone -

My name is Brandon, and I am from Chicago. I purchased this beauty platinum pearl white sport 1.5t just over a week ago. I came from an Infiniti G37x (modded and vinyl wrapped), I wanted something that was still fun to drive but also more efficient on the road. I am a new Honda owner, so far the accord has been amazing to me. I was a little worried about the oil dilution issue but I was assured it was no longer an issue. I look forward to reading all the information available at my fingertips here. Here are a few photos.
Thank you Everyone in advance ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice looking car. Ours is a same color but in Touring trim. I like the looks of the Sport trim better. I guess it has to be the wheels that I like but I wanted all the goodies the Touring trim offers.also with the 1.5T. I really like the 1.5 and CVT. Nice and smooth acceleration.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 1.5t
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice looking car. Ours is a same color but in Touring trim. I like the looks of the Sport trim better. I guess it has to be the wheels that I like but I wanted all the goodies the Touring trim offers.also with the 1.5T. I really like the 1.5 and CVT. Nice and smooth acceleration.
Thank you! I am very happy with my purchase, I’ll hit two weeks with the Accord on Saturday. The white exterior on the accord is beautiful, couldn’t get over it. Yeah, I think the wheels really grabs people’s attention, they’re so bold looking. I’ve never owned a car with a CVT but I’m pretty happy with it, the smooth acceleration is a bonus. I couldn’t find a touring with 1.5t in my area, a ton of 2.0t’s though. I constantly worry about the oil dilution since I’m in a cold climate and I commute downtown for work so I rely on public trans (drive a few miles to a train station), any issues you’ve experienced?

·
Registered
71 Posts
A couple issues. Our passenger seat make a popping noise when someone is seated in it. The dealer put new seat tracks in but it did not correct the issue. The other was the HUD creaking but easy fix to stuff some foam between the lens and bezel. We are happy with it so far. I just wonder how small turbo motors and CVT will hold up in the long run. No gas in oil that I can smell but I live in a warm climate.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 1.5t
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple issues. Our passenger seat make a popping noise when someone is seated in it. The dealer put new seat tracks in but it did not correct the issue. The other was the HUD creaking but easy fix to stuff some foam between the lens and bezel. We are happy with it so far. I just wonder how small turbo motors and CVT will hold up in the long run. No gas in oil that I can smell but I live in a warm climate.
Funny you mention the seat popping sound, I noticed the passenger seat makes a popping sound on turns when the passenger may shift in the seat. The seat issue is not a huge deal to me. I wonder if something can be inserted between the center counsel and seat to block the space, potentially avoiding the noise occurring, maybe it’s caused by something that moves. That’s true, I’m going to document the oil when I get my first oil change just to have record of it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think the gas in the oil is an issue with the Accord. I have not read any failures due to that issue. I know there was some concern with the CRV with the same engine but there was a difference that I can't recall in the CRV. Even if there were a little gas it should not hurt. You are experiencing the exact same issue with regards to the seat. Ours also happens on turns with a passenger or when passenger moves around. If you discover a fix let us know.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 1.5t
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think the gas in the oil is an issue with the Accord. I have not read any failures due to that issue. I know there was some concern with the CRV with the same engine but there was a difference that I can't recall in the CRV. Even if there were a little gas it should not hurt. You are experiencing the exact same issue with regards to the seat. Ours also happens on turns with a passenger or when passenger moves around. If you discover a fix let us know.
Well that is reassuring to read then, thank you. I’ve read a little gas is normal. I definitely will let you know if I come across a fix. I will play around with a few options and see what works. I’ve noticed that the sound seems to come from where the seat belt buckles, so when sitting, it would be the rear left corner area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts