2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi. Picked up my Modern Steel Metallic Sport 2.0t with 6spd. Loving this car so far. I came from a 2012 Tacoma double cab TRD Off Road. My choices were between a WRX, Chevy SS and this Accord. The accord was the best compromise between fun, safe and enough room for the kiddos in the back. It reminds me a lot of my RSX Type S in some respects. First "mods" will be a full paint correction to remove the DISO (dealer installed swirl option) and then ceramic coat the paint, wheels and glass.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on getting your 10th. Wouldn't mind seeing pictures of that paint correction taking place if you don't mind sharing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome! Nice pick on the 2.0T 6 speed. I came from a 8th gen civic si coupe. Wanted something fun like my 8th Gen Civic Si and family friendly. So I compromised my list as well and narrowed it to the Accord. And I am glad I choose this car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Nice pick on the 2.0T 6 speed. I came from a 8th gen civic si coupe. Wanted something fun like my 8th Gen Civic Si and family friendly. So I compromised my list as well and narrowed it to the Accord. And I am glad I choose this car.
Thanks! I had an 8th gen si as well. Coupe in nhbp. I agree the new accord is a great compromise for someone with a family.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I see most of your aftermarket plans so far are aesthetic, but based upon your previous cars not sure if you're interested in the Hondata tune that's soon to be available for the Accord. It looks to provide some pretty incredible increases to performance. Also not sure if you have heard, but there are rumors about of a RSX revival.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum! I see most of your aftermarket plans so far are aesthetic, but based upon your previous cars not sure if you're interested in the Hondata tune that's soon to be available for the Accord. It looks to provide some pretty incredible increases to performance. Also not sure if you have heard, but there are rumors about of a RSX revival.
Thanks! I had kpro in my rsx and flashpro in my 8th Gen si so I'm sure at some point I'll be cchecking out flashpro for the accord. I want to do the "aesthetic" first as it makes maintaining the exterior far more easy and protects my car for the long term.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Exterior protection is a must IMO, what with how poorly maintained some roads near me are. Thinking of a wrap or ceramic coating? Waxes are great, but they only last around 1-3 months depending on what you use and it can be a pain to constantly reapply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts