2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not a dumb question at all. The answer is yes.

I just threw away the horrible Goodyear Tourings that came with my 19 Accord. I bought it new in March of this year and between lack of protection for the rims and their dismal wet performance and treadwear, I replaced them at 17,900 miles with a set of 245/40R19 Vredestein Quatrac Pros. They fit perfectly with no rubbing anywhere and the sidewalls stand proud of the rims by a couple of millimeters.

I'm thinking about purchasing the same tires and size. Is there any noticeable difference in the ride or noise?

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
73 Posts
I'm thinking about purchasing the same tires and size. Is there any noticeable difference in the ride or noise?
Sorry, haven't been in the forum for several months.

The Vredesteins are a tiny bit noisier but not objectionable. No difference in ride quality.

Now that we've had a few good snowstorms, I can verify that the very high user ratings for snow performance on TireRack's reviews are legit.

They are very close in performance to pure snow tires. Not the same, but close.

If this was my only car I would have the Quatracs as 3-season tires and a set of winters on rims for it, but this fall my kid goes to university so I get my old Fit back to use a commuter beater and I already have a set of winters on rims for it.

If you live in places where snow is light and infrequent but possible, get these.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts