2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Larger tank would be nice, but at least fuel economy has gone up over the years so you should be filling up with around the same frequency.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello,

3 weeks driving the sport 2.0 (10 speed auto tho, sorry, didn't read the title carefully...) in LA, fairly hot right now so using a/c all the time and rev it to 4000/5000 rpm time to time in city to break it in nicely but otherwise drive smoothly.

I get 16mpg in pure city and about 34mpg on highway dominant trips.

A little disappointed by city mpg so far. Trying to find out if the a/c is responsible. Tried the eco mode. Doesn't seem to do much for me

Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
31 Posts
2018 Accord 20T (MT6) per the trip computer:

Last three tanks of gas: 27.0, 27.6, and 26.4 mpg.

Since purchase (3,263.3 miles): 27.9.

As for mileage, it's 80%+ highway.

Haven't tried Eco mode and likely never will.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2018 Accord 20T (MT6) per the trip computer:

Last three tanks of gas: 27.0, 27.6, and 26.4 mpg.

Since purchase (3,263.3 miles): 27.9.

As for mileage, it's 80%+ highway.

Haven't tried Eco mode and likely never will.
looks good! Mostly highway helps obviously.

Where can you see your mpg overall?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

3 weeks driving the sport 2.0 (10 speed auto tho, sorry, didn't read the title carefully...) in LA, fairly hot right now so using a/c all the time and rev it to 4000/5000 rpm time to time in city to break it in nicely but otherwise drive smoothly.

I get 16mpg in pure city and about 34mpg on highway dominant trips.

A little disappointed by city mpg so far. Trying to find out if the a/c is responsible. Tried the eco mode. Doesn't seem to do much for me

Let me know what you guys think
For what it's worth... As a 2.0T Sport 10AT driver, my MPGs hover around 24.5-25.5 in about 75% city (suburb). I don't use ECO unless I'm sitting in a drive-thru and I've recently started to use Sport like it should be used, now that I've eclipsed 2k miles.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am doing way better with my 10 speed Accord. Rural two lane is about 30-32 mpg, interstate 34-35 mpg. Very little city driving. Both with A/C operating. I am old and conservative but do use the Sport setting on some fun back roads and WOT throttle occasionally. I did change to much lighter 18” wheels to reduce the rotating mass and unsprung weight. This helps lots of dynamic issues, especially mpg. These numbers are by actual calculation, but the mpg computer seems pretty accurate compared to others I have used. That gauge on my ‘15 GTI is very optimistic. There should be better numbers on the auto trans than the 6 speed manual because the the number of ratios and the very tall final drive. Picked the auto trans because I can still enjoy shifting gears in my VW. Probably why it gets worse mpg than my Honda.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Never, ever re-set Trip B.
Right now, I set trip A to reset when I turn off Ignition because sometimes I like to check how long I've been driving on the drive I'm taking and trip B resets at tank fill up because I like to see what my mpg is from one fill up to the other.

I guess I need a trip C then haha

Or that Honda gathers more data....on my 2015 Camry, the trip computer gives you much more infos

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T M (1K to date)

The only disappointing aspect of my Accord thus far has been the city mpg. On a short Highway trip i achieved the expected 32 mpg hwy, but I'm looking at 18 mpg city. Most of my driving is around town, so I had hoped for a little better than that...

However, I have identified some behavioral and environmental factors that may contribute to this performance.
-I generally find myself moving assertively away from stop lights and through traffic. The performance has been satisfying.
-I live in Florida, it's a 24 hour sauna in the summer, and I run the AC cold.
-I have 2 young children that I need to help in and out of the car on daily errands, often while the car is idling and the AC is blowing.
-I sometimes take 5-10 minute breaks in my car while at work, the car is idling and the AC is blowing. It's a very comfortable place to get away from it all for a few.
-I don't care for eco mode. I found myself mashing the gas at times due to the delayed response from inputs. Maybe its better with the automatic.

Interestingly, I almost constantly find my display wrapped in green(while eco mode is off), which is an indicator of efficient driving. I plan on changing some behaviors to see if I can improve upon the current figures.

I still love this car.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts