2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendation on 2.0 sport performance tires ? After I tuned the car and a few modifications I definitely need a better tire for traction. Any suggestions . Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Any recommendation on 2.0 sport performance tires ? After I tuned the car and a few modifications I definitely need a better tire for traction. Any suggestions . Thanks
You need to visit the Tire Rack web site whether you buy from them or not. They have lots of data regarding performance characteristics in the dry and wet, summer vs a/s, etc. Michelin is usually at the high end of both performance and price. Continental and Pirelli have excellent tires at more moderate prices. There are good reports on the new Firestone 500’s...good value! The Tire Rack prices are competitive. I like the Conti DW, a great summer tire at a fair price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the Pilot Sport AS3+ on my Civic SI with no complaints. Could also go Pilot Super Sport depending on your location/climate/driving.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But the super sports only come 245/40/19 standard on the Accord sport is 235 would that be a big deal ? Next question if I don’t change the size and stick with 235s and go with the Michelin pilot sport would it matter if I just changed the 2 front tires and left the stock all season tires in the rear ? Don’t feel like spending 1,000 on tires right now lol .

·
Registered
163 Posts
But the super sports only come 245/40/19 standard on the Accord sport is 235 would that be a big deal ? Next question if I don’t change the size and stick with 235s and go with the Michelin pilot sport would it matter if I just changed the 2 front tires and left the stock all season tires in the rear ? Don’t feel like spending 1,000 on tires right now lol .
The handling difference between those tires would be enormous, even dangerous. Given your budget, I would encourage you to to consider the Continetal DW’s or even the Firestone 500’s in the original size. They would give you a huge benefit in summer traction with good handling balance. Any summer performance tires in front combined with the OEM tires on the rear would create a scary monster on your favorite play road. Check out the pricing. Either of these two brands would be well under $1000. The Firestones around $500 for all four. Also consider that any summer tire cannot be used in the winter, even on dry roads in northern climates. Most of us here just switch back in the fall.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i was planning on switching them back in winter , wouldn’t try using a summer performance tire in the winter just wasn’t sure how much of a big deal it would be leaving the original tires in the rear. Was just thinking that since it’s a front wheel drive car didnt think it would be that big of a deal but thanks for your help .

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
67 Posts
just wasn’t sure how much of a big deal it would be leaving the original tires in the rear. Was just thinking that since it’s a front wheel drive car didnt think it would be that big of a deal but thanks for your help .
I know, necro posting but I feel this needs an explanation. What happens when a car dives into a corner with a lot more traction in the front than at the rear? Now add some mid corner braking, like when we slightly misjudge entry speed...….

1 - 8 of 8 Posts