2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Honda Accord owners.
Had my 2.0 Touring for about 4 months. Less the 3000 miles.
Love the driving comfort, interior size, the engine and transmission is very smooth.
Had issues with crash mitigation come on 2 times, once during light rain, once no abnormal weather. Lane Keep allows getting too close to the center line for my liking. I have the squeak from the HUD on a hot day. Right side should slide has a squeak.
Hood shakes at idle or low speeds.
The most aggravating is the radio/navigation system will reboot every time driving. Had the recall re-flash done but did not help.
Has anyone ever had the radio reboot issue?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I experience all those issues you mentioned... the right side noise, for me was coming from passenger seat belt assembly. It occurs intermittently. My car is currently at dealership to investigate. I hoping they are replacing it and not add padding. I had my radio reboot randomly as well, I have no idea on the cause. I haven't told the dealership about it, since I can reproduce it. I hope someone in the forums knows.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Most of the problems that you have outlined have been mirrored by other owners. Software bugs are something that ever automaker is prone to, so lets hope that Honda can push through the required updates quickly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine had the HUD squeak as well, I took it into the dealer they added some foam between the frame and display which I can't see and the squeak is gone. I've also had my Infotainment system reboot a few times, always while I was parked playing with an iPod and trying to get the browsing of Artists or Albums to work better, it hasn't happened while driving although I only have around 1800 miles right now. I haven't had any of the other issues yet luckily, although I have heard a loud hum that sounded like it was coming from outside the car, once it happened for a few seconds at a time 5 times during a few mile stretch and another time it happened 2 times in about a 15 second timeframe, that time I paid closer attention to it and it sounded like it quit too abruptly to be environmental so I'm thinking it is the subwoofer as I've heard that kind of a hum from home subwoofers with cheap wiring but until I can reproduce it on demand and show the dealer I doubt I'll get it fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts