2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,ve own many cars in the past, some manual and some automatic, but it is the first time that i notice a different kind of compression from the engine when i lift my foot off the gas at about 25-35 mph range and down to a stop that the car actually slows down faster than my other automatic that i had, wonder if it is because of the 10 speed transmission or the 2.0t engine, and it is more prononced when the engine is cold but still is there at normal operating temperature. what do you guys think

·
Registered
161 Posts
I,ve own many cars in the past, some manual and some automatic, but it is the first time that i notice a different kind of compression from the engine when i lift my foot off the gas at about 25-35 mph range and down to a stop that the car actually slows down faster than my other automatic that i had, wonder if it is because of the 10 speed transmission or the 2.0t engine, and it is more prononced when the engine is cold but still is there at normal operating temperature. what do you guys think
The transmission is designed to downshift on trailing throttle. Just watch the tach needle jump up slightly as it shifts down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
this is a very annoying issue for me. I can't figure out how to break this car at low speeds/approaching stop signs, etc, because i get a hard transmission break, then it releases and "floats" more, etc. it's a horrible experience i've never experienced with other auto trans in the past. I'm prying this isn't normal. taking into the dealership Wednesday. It makes the sport mode almost impossible to drive because you're flung back in forth as it slows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts