2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
I got my Accord tuned a few months back. I've been on KTuner's stage 2 for some time now and I've been curious about if a custom tune was worth it. (Which it definitely was!) So I dynoed my car with three different tunes and decided to make a quick video to show the differences in different tunes. The vehicle is a 2019 Accord 2.0T 6-speed manual. The only modification is an intake. All pulls on 93 octane. I put some of the dyno charts in the video as well. Enjoy!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Custom tunes are definitely well worth the investment if you want to get the most out of your vehicle. Those are some nice numbers... bet it's a blast (beast) to drive. 馃榿
Definitely! Especially with these cooler temps. Clutch is holding strong too. Can't complain!

Registered
Wow. Both really unlock that engine's potential. Got the same car as you so it might be time to find my checkbook. What was the cost of the custom tune?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quicker spool is about the only difference, gas mileage still 35 on road trips across the state, as long as I stay off the throttle. Although the stage 2 tune does the same thing. Custom tune was just to squeeze out more, while still being safe versus the generic tune that comes from the manufacturer of the tuner. Hope that answers your question.

Registered
Quicker spool is about the only difference, gas mileage still 35 on road trips across the state, as long as I stay off the throttle. Although the stage 2 tune does the same thing. Custom tune was just to squeeze out more, while still being safe versus the generic tune that comes from the manufacturer of the tuner. Hope that answers your question.
Yes thanks.. when I had my G35 6mt [2005] I bought a tune [Uprev] and used their custom logging. It really didn鈥檛 add much hp from my seat of pants, but was better than nothing lol..however, I had a specialty shop that uses Uprev custom tune it on dyno...went from 248rwhp [ots tune /log tune] to 265rwhp...huge difference in the dyno tune vs OTS...the drive ability was much much smoother and better plus more power

Registered
I'm planning on getting a sport 2.0 in a few months, but I'm still trying to find if the 10at or the 6m is better as far as long term reliability goes. Also concerned about clutch slippage. Anybody have any updates for any of this?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm planning on getting a sport 2.0 in a few months, but I'm still trying to find if the 10at or the 6m is better as far as long term reliability goes. Also concerned about clutch slippage. Anybody have any updates for any of this?
No concerns with clutch slipping on the 2.0T so far even after tune with 350+ lb/ft of torque at the wheels. I had the 1.5T with 6MT and after stage 2 tune and with temps below 50 it would slip. My wife has a stock 10 speed and no issues, can't comment on tuned 10 speed however. Hope that gives you some insight! Also on a side note if you want a manual the 2020 is the last year and I hear they are getting harder to come by.

Registered
Pretty stout.
No concerns with clutch slipping on the 2.0T so far even after tune with 350+ lb/ft of torque at the wheels. I had the 1.5T with 6MT and after stage 2 tune and with temps below 50 it would slip. My wife has a stock 10 speed and no issues, can't comment on tuned 10 speed however. Hope that gives you some insight! Also on a side note if you want a manual the 2020 is the last year and I hear they are getting harder to come by.
The prl p600 testing shows the 10at starts to slip around 425wtq

Registered
Guys, I am new to the tuning world. It is my first performance mod i purchased through phearable. A few questions since I have got the tune.
I have heard hat stage 2 or higher is not recommended on stock parts. I have no engine mods done besides the tune. I am running stage 1 right now and it definitely feels a lot greater. However that only lasted a few days and i want to feel more. Can I flash stage 2 with nothing done? Not even an intake or exhaust done.
I also want to ask what parameters can i mess with and what y鈥檃ll recommend me being new to tuning.
Is stage 3 only for manual cars? That is what I鈥檝e heard. I bought stage 3 at a discount and i have a buddy of mine saying just flash stage 3 because he ran stage 3 for months before any Bolt ons. Please help

Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
Guys, I am new to the tuning world. It is my first performance mod i purchased through phearable. A few questions since I have got the tune.
I have heard hat stage 2 or higher is not recommended on stock parts. I have no engine mods done besides the tune. I am running stage 1 right now and it definitely feels a lot greater. However that only lasted a few days and i want to feel more. Can I flash stage 2 with nothing done? Not even an intake or exhaust done.
I also want to ask what parameters can i mess with and what y鈥檃ll recommend me being new to tuning.
Is stage 3 only for manual cars? That is what I鈥檝e heard. I bought stage 3 at a discount and i have a buddy of mine saying just flash stage 3 because he ran stage 3 for months before any Bolt ons. Please help
Phearable Stage 3 and Ktuner OTS Stage 2 were both designed to work on a stock car. You will get more gains with bolt ons.

Registered
I got my Accord tuned a few months back. I've been on KTuner's stage 2 for some time now and I've been curious about if a custom tune was worth it. (Which is definitely was!) So I dynoed my car with three different tunes and decided to make a quick video to show differences in different tunes. The vehicle is a 2019 Accord 2.0T 6 speed manual. Only modification is an intake. All pulls on 93 octane. I put some of the dyno charts in the video as well. Enjoy!

Very good, how much is 100-200

Registered
Did mine a stage 3 with Mishimoto intercooler 10at got over 300hp and 350tq at the tires. Here is a video of same car.

HVI and downpipe gave no noticeable gains.
2 things that did get over 300hp and 350tq on a 10AT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts