2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

2.0T overheating!

9K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  mikesptacek 
I totally understand. I’m coming from a fully built FA20 and that was a full blown headache. I spent well over 20k just for the engine to fail again. Subarus are far from proven compared to Hondas.
It’s just that there aren’t that many 2.0s that are failing quickly and this isn’t as common with this platform. My car isn’t even FBO for it to push the power that it advertises. There are 10th gens with heavy mods and have not given issues with 100k + miles. I literally just daily the car regularly which is why I haven’t even ran ethanol in so long. It’s not like I’m pushing the car heavy either, the car literally just overheated while I was parked and idling. I maintenance the car literally every 2500 miles. The car isn’t neglected what so ever and has not given even a pinch of an issue since I’ve been running the tune at 1500 miles.
well it sounds primarily like what happened was you ran the car with too low coolant for too long until it overheated enough to blow head gasket/warp the block. you said the temp gauge was completely full after idling on the hill. did you not notice the temp increasing slowly? how did the gauge completely fill up while idling.