2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2.0t Sport (6spd)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to install a set of Infinity Primus PR6510CS in my front doors.

I am wondering if there is need to use the supplied crossover from Infinity as there are separate wires already ran from the factory? Not sure if there is an active crossover in the base 2.0t Sport system or if the signal going to the woofers is full range. I am thinking that I should be able to use the factory speaker wires, but second guessing myself.

If I need to use the infinity supplied crossover, could I wire it the following way:
  • Use the Crutchfield Supplied Speaker adapter for the woofer to tap into the factory line.
    • Splice the speaker hookups off the end that would hook up to the speaker to put into the +/- side of the crossover.
    • Run New wire to the Woofer and the Tweeter from the crossover.
    • Leave the tweeter factory line unused and hidden.
My goal is to not cut a factory line in the car, but at the same time I want to make sure I am getting a full range of sound to the speakers.

Help is always appreciated!

**Currently, I have the Alpine PSU-3000acd installed in the car (again the goal was not to cut any wires). The reason for the front component install is due to the power pack over powering the factory tweeters specifically (at loud volumes) causing the system to go into a protection mode and shutting off (even with the gain turned basically off for the front speakers). That is for sure for another thread as I have spent countless hours on the phone with crutchfield and alpine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can't go wrong with what you posted. I have the 1.5, and I left my factory tweeter wire unused and hidden. You will also need some extra wire to run from the car speaker wire to the crossover input. The crossover that comes with the speakers will shape the sound the way it was intended for the speakers. I modified the end of my speaker wires because the factory speakers will never need to be reinstalled. I would do it the way you posted and see how you like the sound.

"Use the Crutchfield Supplied Speaker adapter for the woofer to tap into the factory line.
  • Splice the speaker hookups off the end that would hook up to the speaker to put into the +/- side of the crossover.
  • Run New wire to the Woofer and the Tweeter from the crossover.
  • Leave the tweeter factory line unused and hidden."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just last week installed a set of Focal Performance Access 165AS in my Accord Touring. It has the 10 ch 450 watt system. I too had the same question about using the supplied crossover or just replacing the drivers using their original amp feeds. I did some research and got some good info from Five Start Audio:
He did some great testing and it shows that the woofer feed rolls off completely at 11kHz and the tweeter feed picks up from there, with overlap.
So I connected up the Focal woofer and tweeter to the original factory wiring. I did buy and add the appropriate uf capacitor in series with the tweeter for extra protection. Bottom line is, it sounds fantastic, so much better than the factory drivers. Full range, very tight bass and mid-range and crystal clear highs. I actually now sit in my car to listen to my music collection.
I did not try using the woofer feed only with the supplied crossover, because I figured I would be loosing all the highs on the doors if I left those channel wires unused. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have a PSU as well and simply installed the front and rear components with the supplied metra harness from crutchfield. Base hybrid is different though and only has the four 6.5 no tweets. As stated sounds fantastic. I also found that a dsp will wire in with the PSU very easily with the supplied RCA from the PSU. Especially with dsp that just has dual rca in and out like the Kicker 47keyloc. It should also fit under the seat with the PSU. Discussion about it and more PSU stuff over here if interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.