2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched almost everywhere, for my abilities, either its not posted anywhere or I'm a DA, but what is the stock boost pressure on the new 2.0T Accord? Thanks!!

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
20psi is pretty much standard on these modern turbo 4s. I'm going to guess that they aren't very efficient with much more boost, which is why the +9psi tunes floating around scare me a little. But I could be completely wrong.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can follow your boost level. When switching to the Sport mode, the right side of your tachometer becomes a boost gauge reading in BAR, barometric pressure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can follow your boost level. When switching to the Sport mode, the right side of your tachometer becomes a boost gauge reading in BAR, barometric pressure.
Any way to monitor boost on the Sport 2.0 Manual (ie no automagic "sport" mode)?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Any way to monitor boost on the Sport 2.0 Manual (ie no automagic "sport" mode)?
My understanding is that the MT cars also has the Sport Mode, retaining the other features of throttle control, suspension control, and the boost gauge; just no AT to control. Doesn’t seem logical that Honda would not include the Sport Mode controls on a manual car. Are you saying there is no Sport button on your ‘18 Sport?

·
Registered
83 Posts
My understanding is that the MT cars also has the Sport Mode, retaining the other features of throttle control, suspension control, and the boost gauge; just no AT to control. Doesn’t seem logical that Honda would not include the Sport Mode controls on a manual car. Are you saying there is no Sport button on your ‘18 Sport?
Nope there is no option for that on the Manual sport version. You only get Eco Mode and can display gas/oil/audio/etc. with RPM gauge. That is it. No fancy turning red in sports mode unfortunately.

I wish honda would at least provide a boost gauge for sports MT version though. :crying:

·
Registered
44 Posts
The factory limits are set at 20.8 psi, but trust me when i say we will never see that. I'm running KTuner and have seen the factory boost levels only hit 16 psi stock.
Hondata user here, similarly my boost levels never saw a figure over 17 psi on Honda's base map during benchmarking

·
Registered
31 Posts
What type of fuel are you guys running? I wonder if the base map is limiting boost timing due to fuel quality?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What type of fuel are you guys running? I wonder if the base map is limiting boost timing due to fuel quality?
It was the same with civic. Stock was always 4-6 psi below map, no matter the fuel. Its just the way the stock ecu with knock control is handling boost. If it makes the target torque number it doesnt need that boost. Thats the greatness of the Ktuner, you actually hit targeted boost and thats why when people talk +6 or +9 they aren't getting 26 or 29 psi, they are actually getting more like 21-22.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It was the same with civic. Stock was always 4-6 psi below map, no matter the fuel. Its just the way the stock ecu with knock control is handling boost. If it makes the target torque number it doesnt need that boost. Thats the greatness of the Ktuner, you actually hit targeted boost and thats why when people talk +6 or +9 they aren't getting 26 or 29 psi, they are actually getting more like 21-22.
That's what I figured, I couldn't imagine trying to get 26 or 29 psi out of this turbo...especially on 91.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Problem with that is how insurance companies will view it which won't be in a good light. In turn that won't be good for Honda's bottom line. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Problem with that is how insurance companies will view it which won't be in a good light. In turn that won't be good for Honda's bottom line. ;)
But if the feature is already present on the automatic models, how much more could an insurance company realistically charge for a different transmission choice? I can't imagine its much, and I'd be surprised if Auto cars are paying more right now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
But if the feature is already present on the automatic models, how much more could an insurance company realistically charge for a different transmission choice? I can't imagine its much, and I'd be surprised if Auto cars are paying more right now.
I think Honda was just being lazy by not including it as the default tach because it's associated with Sport mode which the MT doesn't come with so they figured the market is so small to just not care so much because... screw the enthusiasts, right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think Honda was just being lazy by not including it as the default tach because it's associated with Sport mode which the MT doesn't come with so they figured the market is so small to just not care so much because... screw the enthusiasts, right?
I think this is the more likely case. I wish they'd add it in an update as a "performance" menu on the tach screen. It would only be a few lines of code if that can be updated along with the main infotainment system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It would only be a few lines of code if that can be updated along with the main infotainment system.
Isn't it also based on Android? Written in C# or Node? I could probably figure out how to do it if I had sufficient hardware though I wouldn't want to test it on MINE LOL

OH, by the way...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Isn't it also based on Android? Written in C# or Node? I could probably figure out how to do it if I had sufficient hardware though I wouldn't want to test it on MINE LOL

OH, by the way...

https://youtu.be/xms9hEfvQyU

Isn't android mostly written in Java? I'm not too sure, I've been meaning to look into the XDA developers forums or wherever the rooting is discussed. And the car sounds great!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts