2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My 2018 2.0T just ticked over to 101k miles and popped a MM code 4 for spark plugs/valve clearance inspection. I replaced the spark plugs like-for-like with NGK plugs, but I'm wondering, has anyone cracked open the valve cover on one of the 2.0T? The procedure calls for removing a boot that connects to the breather tube, and also removing the turbocharger bypass control valve solenoid pipe.

If anyone has cracked one of these open, what headaches did you run into? Currently getting quoted $450-$600 for just the inspection, so I'm wondering if it would make sense to do the inspection myself or am I going to open a can of worms?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

· Registered
22 Posts
it really depends on how mechanically inclined you are. taking the valve cover off and the bypass valve isnt difficult or much work. adjusting the valves is the same as it would be on any other k series. if you youtube or google instructions on how to do a valve lash adjustment on a k20 or k24 it will be very similar. you just need the specs for your engine and a feeler guage set and whatever gaskets you want to replace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts