2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Respected Honda Owners. Hope all is well. Recently i have started to notice a few things in my car. I am the only driver so I am families with every change or speck of noise.
1.Please see the pictures. Started to see this message saying "Your vehicle is not detecting GPS". This icon stays for a few secs and then goes away.
2. Used to be when I exit the car, I hear a beep,Fob is away, and then a second beep when car locks. I am not hearing the second beep any more. Doors do get locked.
3. Every time I brake and then proceed to drive around 8 MPH I get 2 clicking sounds Click, Click. No message of malfunction, no warning, just these 2 click click. Its hard to explain but it sure seems like its coming from driver door side somewhere. Anyone else noticed that?

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
3. Every time I brake and then proceed to drive around 8 MPH I get 2 clicking sounds Click, Click. No message of malfunction, no warning, just these 2 click click. Its hard to explain but it sure seems like its coming from driver door side somewhere. Anyone else noticed that?

Owners Manual. Page 179.

·
Administrator
2,552 Posts
Hello Respected Honda Owners. Hope all is well. Recently i have started to notice a few things in my car. I am the only driver so I am families with every change or speck of noise.
1.Please see the pictures. Started to see this message saying "Your vehicle is not detecting GPS". This icon stays for a few secs and then goes away.
2. Used to be when I exit the car, I hear a beep,Fob is away, and then a second beep when car locks. I am not hearing the second beep any more. Doors do get locked.

1. I have seen the "your vehicle is not detecting GPS" before but like you described it has gone away in a few seconds. Never felt concerned about it as it did start receiving it before I pulled off. As for what is causing it hard to tell... could be something (temporarily) blocking the signal, system trying to find the best satellite at the time, etc., etc.

2. I have my car set up the same as you describe and have had not experienced that issue. Are you still using the same FOB that you set this feature up with? It will only work w/the FOB that it was initially set up with. Have you tried putting a new battery in the FOB that the feature was set up with? Maybe the battery is getting weak. If the FOB is the same as the feature was set up with, and the battery is new try removing and resetting the feature... maybe for some reason the car has lost/dropped the feature.

3. Haven't noticed what you are describing but as was mentioned by @next1cruise it could be just the door locking as you reach speed which is the default setting (see attachment).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. so here is the update. Took car to the dealer. For the GPS not detecting issue, they say, since you part your car in garage, sometimes it takes time for the system to catch connections. Thats why you get the red error message. I didnt trust the explanation but I was not in a mood to challenge that. I was more interested in the door fix.
For the door fix, they found that the driver back door lock latch was stuck. So they went in, manually turn on and off the lock latch and the click click sound got fixed. They said they need to change the latch mechanism. I am just happy that the annoying click click is now gone and the when I get out of the car, i am hearing 2 beeps. First when I close door and second when i walk away from the car. So its all good now.
Thanks for your feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts