2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon-New to the forum. 2018 2.0. Nice car but passenger seat sux. Trying to find a fix for seat height adjustment. Needs to be higher cause better half hates to sit there. Road trip in jeopardy. Have complained to Honda customer service person(?) and dealership. They all say they’ve never heard of the problem. I guess they’ve never googled the issue. New model seems be the same. Is there an Acura seat that is more than a 4 way adjustable seat? Acura dealer won’t touch the question, liability I presume. Help!!

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
If it's a case that she wants to be seated higher in the seat why not get a seat cushion? Would think that would be the easiest thing to do versus trying to find a seat that would fit/work in your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wish it were that easy. We do have a cushion that helps a bit. Besides being too low the seat bottom needs to tilt because it’s so low it doesn’t provide thigh support. I haven’t found any workable solutions online. I have seen some crazy ideas like getting a right hand driver’s seat from Thailand or the UK. Just putting a spacer under the mount won’t work because of the angle of the floor attachment. There don’t seem to be any aftermarket fixes for Hondas even though the same problem seems to cover all models.

·
Super Moderator
2,321 Posts
Comments I've seen are regarding the seat bottom lacking cushion haven't heard mention of what you are experiencing. Good luck on getting something to work for her.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Totally agree with the passenger seat height problem/lack of adjustment. Also have an '18 2.0 Touring and experience the same issue. Sliding the seat forward helps a bit with height issue as the seat elevation gets higher when positioned further forward but with the obvious compromise of being closer to the dash. Manufacturing a height "block" is challenging due to the seat mount attachment points. Not sure the wiring harness could accommodate any additional height. Honda definitely dropped the ball on passenger comfort. Even the driver's seat is not great.

A real disappointment coming from a former 2011 BMW M3 owner which had primo power seats seats for both the passenger and driver. Of course having $40K sitting on the passenger seat lessens the disappointment between the 2 cars.

If anybody comes up with a quality fix besides a seat cushion I'm definitely agreeable to spending some cash. Even a few hundred dollars isn't much especially when factored over several years of comfort.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check out Oregon Aero. They custom manufacture seat cushions for adjusting seat height/comfort for general aviation aircraft, but I’m sure they’d work on a car seat as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased a new '19 Accord touring about six weeks ago partly because it has more features than the top trim levels of the competition. This thread made me take a close look at the passenger seat today as I haven't had a chance to use the passenger seat yet and since I always do the driving when I am out with my wife, I probably won't be spending any time in it. I was disappointed to learn that the power switches only move it fore/aft and tilt the seat back. There is no height/tilt adjustment like my last two daily drivers (a '95 Crown Vic and a '08 Crown Vic). What is the point of power adjustments at all when basic mechanical levers would do the same thing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good Afternoon-New to the forum. 2018 2.0. Nice car but passenger seat sux. Trying to find a fix for seat height adjustment. Needs to be higher cause better half hates to sit there. Road trip in jeopardy. Have complained to Honda customer service person(?) and dealership. They all say they’ve never heard of the problem. I guess they’ve never googled the issue. New model seems be the same. Is there an Acura seat that is more than a 4 way adjustable seat? Acura dealer won’t touch the question, liability I presume. Help!!
This is the cushion my wife uses. It’s pretty big and might address your wife’s thigh support requirement. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2VSUAE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_1ybyDbVPDP7HG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts