2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my video showing how I installed the prl high volume intake on my accord. Would love to hear from someone if there is a tool on how to remove the stock intake and baffle from the rubber grommet. Also if someone knows how to removal the intake snorkel clips without breaking them, am all ears. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Thought the Centers were Pushed in First before pulling clips , and the Bottom is a tight Pull up and toward You quick Tug
to Pull Bottom Air Box .. Clips can't cost much $2.00
If you had to push the centers in on those clips, that would explain it. Normally on those type of clips the center of the top will be hollowed out and you can push on the pin in the middle. On these it was flat all the way across. If I ever replace them with oem will make sure I understand how to pull them before reinstalling.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Those two clips that hold the intake snorkel are ****! The way I take em out at work is spray some silicone spray and place two 90 degree picks and slowly pry upward evenly on both sides. If you use clip tools they usually break off in the center. Those and the smaller liner clips are crap clips Honda uses.

·
Super Moderator
1,442 Posts
Thanks for sharing.... your patience is to be commended .(y) Had it been me doing this I would have probably drawn blood and uttered a few NSFK (not safe for kid) words. ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is my video showing how I installed the prl high volume intake on my accord. Would love to hear from someone if there is a tool on how to remove the stock intake and baffle from the rubber grommet. Also if someone knows how to removal the intake snorkel clips without breaking them, am all ears. :)

How is your mpg. Mine went down 1 to 1.5mpg average. Sitting around 23.5 right now and i do a mix of highway and city streets all week

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't measure and a week after putting it on I did downpipe, front pipe and intercooler along with flashing to stage 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts