2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the forum. Figured I would share my story and seek some advice. Purchased a 2.0T accord in August of 2018. Traded in my 2014 6-6 coupe. After only three months and 3k miles of having it I made a rookie move and shifted from second to first while at redline. Engine survived. Tranny did not. Took it to the Honda dealer and they replaced tranny under warranty as they did not find the over rev code until after they agreed to cover it under warranty. They said it revved to about 9,500rpms. Ever since then the car has made a high pitched rattle from 5500-7000 rpms. No rod knock or otherwise unusual sounds. Still has all the performance and power as before. I’m nervous to take it back to Honda as they have been very generous already. The car now has 8k miles. The noise Improves once everything gets real warm or during spirited driving. No smoke or oil consumption. No check engine lights. What could be some possible causes of a high rpm rattle?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would take it to an independent mechanic that knows Hondas for a diagnosis. I think you could be forthright with them about what transpired.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Should have the Oil - Sent out for

Hey guys. New to the forum. Figured I would share my story and seek some advice. Purchased a 2.0T accord in August of 2018. Traded in my 2014 6-6 coupe. After only three months and 3k miles of having it I made a rookie move and shifted from second to first while at redline. Engine survived. Tranny did not. Took it to the Honda dealer and they replaced tranny under warranty as they did not find the over rev code until after they agreed to cover it under warranty. They said it revved to about 9,500rpms. Ever since then the car has made a high pitched rattle from 5500-7000 rpms. No rod knock or otherwise unusual sounds. Still has all the performance and power as before. I’m nervous to take it back to Honda as they have been very generous already. The car now has 8k miles. The noise Improves once everything gets real warm or during spirited driving. No smoke or oil consumption. No check engine lights. What could be some possible causes of a high rpm rattle?

Should have Oil - sent out for an Oil Analysis - Checking for any Increase in Metal Content - there are several Good Company's that will Advise You ..:angel:

Make Sound Video - what makes You say it's located in the Engine - it could be anywhere ?

Further the Clutch and Pressure plate had to be placed back on the motor and Indicator Dialed in to .0005 Run Out - was it ?

Did the Tech have a Tenths Indicator - ask Him to see it - as your Curious to Type of Inspection Equipment Honda Tech's Use ~:nerd:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts