2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my 2018 exl 2.0 nose dives when braking. Lifts when taking off. And rolls when in curves. When i hit a bump it wobbles like a monster truck. The reviews on youtube say the handling on these accords are great. Maybe they are reviewing a sport or touring. Or maybe i have defective shocks but my suspension is way to soft. Ive driven SUV that perform better than this!

Following a mechanics advice i have installed eibach anti roll bar in the rear. And eibach pro springs. This combo has helped (although it still feels like im driving a waterbed at times) but new issues are introduced. The pro springs only drop the car .8". Yet i rub getting in and out of my driveway. And when i hit a pot hole there is an alarming thud that shakes me to the core. Its so bad, sometimes a simple hump on the highway will cause a huge thump.

Are my shocks defective? Should i change the shocks as well? Are other people with accord exl 2.0 feeling the same thing? Thank you!

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
520 Posts
I have a 2019 2.0 EXL with a Progress RSB and it feels "pretty good". Everything you're feeling is subjective though and you may want to compare yours with one or two other 18 2.0 EXL's to see how alike/different they feel?

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
I have a 2019 2.0 EXL with a Progress RSB and it feels "pretty good". Everything you're feeling is subjective though and you may want to compare yours with one or two other 18 2.0 EXL's to see how alike/different they feel?
What @Samuelx said... first I've heard/read what you are experiencing. However now that you've made mods to your suspension you'd be hard pressed to have Honda admit there is something wrong w/your shocks. 😒

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Must be Bad as My EXL Handles Nice - I only added 3mm spacers to Front so another .240 on Wheel Axle Stance . .
Wider Rims only helped a smidgen , Tires Helped Most !

As stock tires Bad in Cold Wet Roads . Conti's are 1 lb lighter & wheels 6.6 lbs help on Bumps in Mid Corner with extra 1/2" Rim Width Gives
Standard Tire size Good Plus Contact Patch . .

Whiteline Off set Bushings for Civic look to be a Fit I'd try those , but Coins during these Times are Being Held Closely . .

ps: Just did some Home Improvements ~ Instead ~

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
I haven't driven mine ('20 Sport 2.0T 6MT) on really fun roads yet, but on the roads it's been on, I'm really happy with the handling.

It definitely sounds like something is amiss with OP's car.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Also If Your Really Pushing Hard 90% Plus and You hit a sharp Rise in Banking that ( Then Goes - Bank Other way @ Appex ) for Sharper Turn in Opposite Direction . .
Very Tight 18-24Mph Corners - I was doing like 37-42mph . . in this Case - I able to get Rear End to step out Quickly . .
Rear got Light and Sudden change in Direction . . seeing I was already pulling back Wheel - it Grabbed before getting on shoulder . .
In TN there aren't really any shoulder's to speak of in TN
5" Shoulder Width Maybe & 75% of those come with 4" Drop or more , Tire Cutters or Drop straight Off into 3ft to 6ft Ditch . . If Your Lucky as 25% Drop Off to No Man's Land . .

Some of these Old TN Mountain Roads are like Twisted Ribbon . . have to be on Your Toes . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.