2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
You got me wondering...but is the juice worth the squeeze? What are the real benefits and drawbacks to this being installed on a genX Accord? Is it significantly improved handling? Does it negatively impact comfort, city driving, or DDing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have given more of a detailed review looking back. The handling improvement for me is night and day. Their has been very little sacrificed in terms of additional harshness to ride quality. I'm sure if I were running in a stiffer setting would be different. It's mostly all pros from my perspective on this mod given my suspension setup.

·
Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,055 Posts
Every Time I have ever had or Done a Front Sway Bar , We used Permanent Marker Pen & Marked Side to Side - Front & Back - Number the Bolts etc.
I Usually waited Until I need ~ Frt. Links ~ about 2.5 years 30K . . Most Time this Allowed SKIP on Frt- Alignment . .

Now I have Only Watched First 3-4 min. of this Video - that's , Where I'm Stopping just to Add basic Input ~ Until I Watch entire Video .. ~
Basic Input = Nice Intro : Cost , Time , Tools !

I always have liked Frt Bars _ Enhanced ability to Cut into Corners Faster or Tuck in Better . I always made sure New Frt. Sway had sweet Bushings ( like Impregnated Graphite )
which means - Lubed for Life & Free Motion ..Generally Speaking Factory Bushing after 2 years have Work Hardened & Don't Rotate as well = ( Stiffer Ride )

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot, good idea to number the bolts. Will do that the next time I'm dropping a sub frame. I think because I had to touch the bolts for the ball joint and pull the steering rack it would be hard to avoid needing an alignment.

Really like this mod it had made a noticeable positive impact almost every time I drive. Also the fact it has the ribs on the bar prevent lateral movement of the bar which is an added bonus. Don't believe the rear bar had the ribs though in fairness I doubt it's like to move much laterally given the wheels aren't steering.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yes , Agree the Honda's little more Complex _ Pull Down to get Bar Out - it would be Off some for Sure . .
It Looked to be Very Tight Packaging ..by Honda . .

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I Good Man @ Pep Boys with Alignment Rack that has Built in Sliding Lift Section - would be able to everything in under 3.5 hrs. as they would just Drop It Down
Never Move it side to side , I they Blocked Car Chassis to get more Room between Car & Lift - Zippy Doo Daa - maybe even 3.0 hrs. . .pushing it . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.