2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2018 1.5T Accord dyno'ed April of 2018. I just installed stage 2 tune from Ktuner last week. I plan to have it dyno'ed again, provided the clutch holds. As of now the clutch slips in 4th-6th gear. I'll post a before and after video of the tune for comparison soon as well. Dyno numbers are 185.8 hp and 192.3 tq for stock pull on 93 octane. Enjoy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Probably hard to get a true dyno reading with the clutch slipping. Thanks for sharing. I have the 2.0T and installed the Stage 1 Ktune. So far, so good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This dyno was before the tune. No slipping here. I think the stage 2 dyno will slip however.

Reactions: 67ModCoupe

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is that a Kona Coffee car?

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
I had my 2018 1.5T Accord dyno'ed April of 2018. I just installed stage 2 tune from Ktuner last week. I plan to have it dyno'ed again, provided the clutch holds. As of now the clutch slips in 4th-6th gear. I'll post a before and after video of the tune for comparison soon as well. Dyno numbers are 185.8 hp and 192.3 tq for stock pull on 93 octane. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9tNK8AytQ
Those are great numbers for stock... makes me want to try a tank of premium to see if I can feel any set of the pants difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How many miles on the car for it to slip? I have the Ktuner stage 2 on my 3k mile car and no slipping yet, hopefully it stays that way!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many miles on the car for it to slip? I have the Ktuner stage 2 on my 3k mile car and no slipping yet, hopefully it stays that way!!
My car had 15k miles before I installed tune and slipped the first WOT in 6th gear at 3k-4k rpm. According to the other forums the 10th gen Civic SI was fine at first but their clutches held up a month or two before slipping. I imagine yours will too since the 1.5T in the Civic Si has the same clutch/transmission that we have, at least from what I understand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My car had 15k miles before I installed tune and slipped the first WOT in 6th gear at 3k-4k rpm. According to the other forums the 10th gen Civic SI was fine at first but their clutches held up a month or two before slipping. I imagine yours will too since the 1.5T in the Civic Si has the same clutch/transmission that we have, at least from what I understand.

Well thats not good. Guess stage 1 will be more forgiving on the clutch. Get that thing dyno'd with the ktuner to see a comparison !! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I only use 93 octane in my 2018 1.5T Touring. I'm getting 3 to 7 miles more per gallon using 93 octane and it seems to have more pep. I've driven BMW's my adult life, so spending the few extra cents for premium gas is no issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I Thought all of These Tunes were Suppose to be - Tuned in a Manner to Save the Clutch and give more HP & Tq - In a Ever Increasing Manner , aren't there Weight Dogs
on the Pressure Plate , so as the RPM increases so does the Clamping ?
I know that both Hondata and KTuer warn you of clutch slip possibility on stage 2 tunes. As far as it holding more with rpm, I don't know if that's true on these stock clutches . I've had aftermarket clutches on my old '95 Accord that were designed to do that. My Accord had 331 whp and 338 wtq and the clutch held great, a little chatter at low rpm but that was to be expected.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sounds like After Market Pressure Plate and Lightweight Clutch set up - will becoming down the Pike in Near Future ..
Vendors will be working on that - Especially If they hear about this Slipping ..

Some Honda Tech somewhere must have Pulled the Civic Type R clutch by Now . .

·
Registered
849 Posts
Wow , and I look at the Towing Spec's on a Bunch of Cars and Only have 1000lbs on 2.0T Auto ..

I wonder if You places 4 heavy Persons Equal Thousand and 1000 lb trailer .. sure Seems these things should be Built to Hold High Load ..
Design Factors use to be 5X and Cars were 3X now it sounds like 1.5X seems Off to Me ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts