2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
BTW. Took 3 days to find problem. Spark plugs were replaced. It all seemed suspicious at the time and I wondered what was going on. I have not read of this problem elsewhere. I did asked about the oil dilution issue and was told it had not been an issue.

·
Registered
754 Posts
So , Apparently No Engine Jig ( Fixture to Mount everything )
At Least get some Picture of Motor all Torn Down @ The Dealer ~ Many Good Idea's up above - Especially like the Extended Warranty - seeing Honda Tech's will be in there
removing and reusing Seals ? say on the Axle Shafts to Transmission ? ( Maybe ) Unless they Dropping everything Including suspension - Then You have Bushing Binding due to the Wrong
Preload of Bushing during the Re-assembly and 4 Wheel Alignment - Unless Control Arms are all on the Comp[lete Engine Cradle ?

Dropping the Axles Out , and Yes those could get Dropped @ too Steep of angel , Axles aren't suppose ( CVT Joints ) aren't suppose to Go past certain Angels Like 30 degrees
Not sure what Spec's on Honda CVT Joints are ( Should be Tied Up ) help with Hangers etc. ( Over Tightening of Hardware ) Alloy Head - Hardware only suppose to be Stretchered so Far )
50 other things that could happen ..

·
Super Moderator
1,650 Posts
Every light on the display came on but the car was running and did not feel any different. I was on a 100-mile trip and was able to continue. This was to the town I purchased the car in. Dealer had it for 5 days. Said the 3rd cylinder injectors was bad. They replaced all four. No explanation or specific problem was given when I asked. The said sometimes it just happens.
BTW. Took 3 days to find problem. Spark plugs were replaced. It all seemed suspicious at the time and I wondered what was going on. I have not read of this problem elsewhere. I did asked about the oil dilution issue and was told it had not been an issue.
Thanks for the reply... things happen... hopefully this was an isolated incident... wishing you have miles of smiles going forward.

·
Registered
754 Posts
my 2018 1.5t manual accord required replacement of fuel injectors at 13K miles
Direct Injection - Injectors are at the Highest Heat Area of the Motor and LSPI will take them Out ~ Fast !

NO , I'd say the Oil Company's are Not Delivering the Correct Oils in some Counties ~ Poor Choices by Owners also ..

Yeah , having the Right Tune for that Stuff is Important ~ LSPI Events are Increased in all Direction Injection Motors .

A Owner should be more aware of Knock or Pings Direct Injection Engines are always going to have more Fuel
( Possibly getting into the Oil ) and slight Increase in LSPI = Low Speed Pre_ignition . .

It has Been Investigated : LSPI
is also Brought On or Caused by Oils - that have High Calcium and or Sodium or Both .
Therefore it is Imperative You don't use an Oil that
Carries to Much of these Detergents ~ Period those Two Detergents mix with Oil & Fuel
Make a Third Chemical - has Lower Octane Value - Enhancing LSPI - Events - which could also take Your Motor Out !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow this is a slow moving forum. In October 2019 I did a Blackstone oil analysis and everything came out OK. Car was 6 months old.

This is on my 2019 1.5T Accord with CVT.

I just had the oil changed again (so basically, 2x a year, or roughly every 6k miles). My mechanic brought a bowl of the oil out to me. "Look at this!" he said, "it looks like water! It came out like water!" And indeed it did look like water. It smelled like gasoline though. There's no way I'm going to keep a car with this problem. I guess I'm in the market for a 2.0T or a Camry. I'm going to wait for the Blackstone report to come back but this looks like very badnews.

Greg N

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 1.5t
17 Posts
Wow this is a slow moving forum. In October 2019 I did a Blackstone oil analysis and everything came out OK. Car was 6 months old.

This is on my 2019 1.5T Accord with CVT.

I just had the oil changed again (so basically, 2x a year, or roughly every 6k miles). My mechanic brought a bowl of the oil out to me. "Look at this!" he said, "it looks like water! It came out like water!" And indeed it did look like water. It smelled like gasoline though. There's no way I'm going to keep a car with this problem. I guess I'm in the market for a 2.0T or a Camry. I'm going to wait for the Blackstone report to come back but this looks like very badnews.

Greg N
Please keep us posted. I just bought a 2018 Sport 1.5T so I haven’t taken it for an oil change just yet but will be soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Went to a bunch of dealerships for the past month shopping for a new car and every used Accord 1.5 stunk with gas when I pulled out the dipstick. One salesman kept saying that it is normal? Yeah right!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts