2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone Im new here and just recently bought my 2018 1.5t accord. Loving it so far but I want to lower it a little more that it already is on stock wheels with 25mm spacers, but can’t decide between coilovers or springs ? I want a drop between 1.5’ to 1.8’ but also budget friendly including installation (done at a shop). but am willing to wait a little longer to save more money if the better suspension set up is over budget. It is my daily driver. Where I live and my drive to work the roads are not bad but I do plan on doing road trips with the car so obviously road conditions will vary wherever I go. also want even tire wear so id have to include camber kits. any ideas? what suspension set up you guys have?

·
Registered
156 Posts
No such thing as budget-friendly. It's either do it right the first time or not at all. All together I've spent $2200 on coilovers, camber arms, install and alignment.

Your range is going to be in between $1400 to $2200, whether it be on springs or coils.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No such thing as budget-friendly. It's either do it right the first time or not at all. All together I've spent $2200 on coilovers, camber arms, install and alignment.

Your range is going to be in between $1400 to $2200, whether it be on springs or coils.
no I get that my budget was actually $2,250 but was seeing my options if I could save some money while doing it right ya know. what coil overs are you running?

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
DIY is always the budget friendly option but if thats not your style do your homework and call around to find a good shop with a decent labor rate. Springs will save you money and from what I've read a lot of the springs don't make the ride too aggressive. If you're looking for coils on a daily you're going to probably spend a bit more getting something with damper adjustment, that makes a huge difference being able to dial it in or let you just crank up the stiffness for a spirited run but not break your back everyday lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.