2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this community and I would like to share my experience and get feedback from you if any of you have faced similar experience.
I've recently bought a brand new 2018 accord 2.0L Turbo Sport from the agency and exactly after couple of weeks of driving the car I experienced a heave jerk when the transmission shifts from 3rd to 4th gear. Booked an inspection visit with the dealer on the next day however unfortunately next day morning when i started the car it wasn't able to move forward or backward and i got a message on the dashboard "Transmission Is Not Available" and I had to arrange recovery service to take my car to the service center.
After 4 days they came with a feedback that there is some technical failure of some components inside the gearbox and they will replace the entire gearbox as a warranty claim.
Wondering if anyone of you has any similar case and highly appreciate sharing feedback if any. it is a big disappointment that a brand new car fails like this in a very short period of use "2 weeks from date of purchase" and it requires gearbox replacement.
Thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
Welcome to the forum glad to have you join us. Regarding your transmission issue I do remember reading a post/thread of a member having his transmission replaced. You may want to look/search some of the threads in the General Discussion and/or Engine and Technical Discussion board for that info.

·
Registered
104 Posts
unfortunate situation with your new Honda. I am sure perfection is everyone’s goal but there are failures along the way. I am glad your dealer responded quickly and that you will get a replacement for the transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts