2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda has recently announced that the 2018 Accord Hybrid will go on sale in the U.S starting March 23rd. The redesigned model will be priced at $25,100 which is $4,505 less than last years model. What's more impressive is that despite the price cut, the entry level model comes with LED headlights and 17 inch allow wheels. The different trim levels will be priced as follows.

Accord Hybrid EX- $28,890
Accord Hybrid EX-L - $31,440
Accord Hybrid Touring- $34,710

·
Registered
11 Posts
I actually saw this and was waiting for a repost on here. You know what’s crazy, there’s almost a $10,000 spread between the base Hybrid Accord and the Touring Accord! They have the SAME engine, SAME battery, SAME fuel economy, SAME safety features (Honda sensing), LED Headlights, push button start etc. What more are you really getting for the money? There no way some leather, heated/cooled seats , a nav system and HUD will cost you 10K. That touring model looks overpriced as **** right now. The base Hybrid on the other hand is a bargain.

·
Registered
73 Posts
All I would want are those heated/cooled seats, but they are just not worth the $10k difference between trims. May as well wait for the hybrid and it may come with a few government incentives as well depending on your area. It should be available by late April, so people willing to wait a bit after the initial release could probably haggle for an even lower price. I don't see why you'd go for the pure gas one when the hybrid is so appealing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I definitely wasn't anticipating this low of an entry price point, considering how high the Touring Accord sits. I know usually that hybrid's are seen as their own trim level and usually sit closer to the higher end. Hopefully the hybrid variant brings in interested buyers who are currently put off by the lease/finance options.

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
I actually saw this and was waiting for a repost on here. You know what’s crazy, there’s almost a $10,000 spread between the base Hybrid Accord and the Touring Accord! They have the SAME engine, SAME battery, SAME fuel economy, SAME safety features (Honda sensing), LED Headlights, push button start etc. What more are you really getting for the money? There no way some leather, heated/cooled seats , a nav system and HUD will cost you 10K. That touring model looks overpriced as **** right now. The base Hybrid on the other hand is a bargain.
Plus satellite radio and moonroof also, 450w stereo, power seats, full LED lights not just low beams, blind spot monitoring, CarPlay and probably a few more things. The h/c seats are the best part.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Do you guys think there's room for a higher trim Accord that has more luxury to it? I feel Acura has left a void that has to be filled with the lack of good Sedans.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well it does look like Acura may finally be getting out of their funk with the upcoming RDX. Though I agree that most of their sedans are pretty cookie cutter in design. Until Honda can get the Accords pricing/financing more in line with its competitors, I think they should hold on off additional trim options.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honda should consider getting rid of some of their unpopular sedans and instead just bring their SH-AWD system to the Accord. With interest in sedans decreasing year over year, I don't really know if there is a need for an entire lineup of "premium" models as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts