2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a delayed posting on some of the modifications to my LX, after I bought it in Aug 2018. Looks like most folks on this forum have Sports/EX. Buying LX trim was a deliberate decision due to its many stock/safety features . I had a fully loaded luxury car earlier and hardly used many of the features. Love my car so far, 7.5k miles on it, with mileage of 36 - 45 mpg depending on weather/city/highway/wind. My regular commute of 50 miles each day averages 37 mpg.
We'll, here the modifications I have made so far. Never thought, I would be doing these when I bought this car, until i came to these forums (THANKS to all of you sharing their mods). Yes, even the LX owners can also dream on making their car look sporty :).

1. Glossy Black Front Bumper Lip Protector Cover Trim
2. JDM V Type Trunk Spoiler
3. Side Skirt Spoiler (Glossy Black)
4. ABS Glossy Black Hood Lip Front Grille Cover Molding Trim
5. Red Rear Emblem
6. Red Front Emblem
7. Rear Bumper Diffuser Lip
8. Black Roof
9. Protection Film on Front Lights, Partial Hood, Side Fenders, Door handle cups
10. Interior LED Lights
11. Brake Calipers - painted them Red

All the above cost me under $1000. Except the roof, all the mods were done by me.

Future :
1. Blind Spot monitoring
2. Apple Car Play ........................I currently have a workaround of a cellphone holder adjacent to the display, right in front of me and use Bluetooth, Siri shortcuts commands to navigate, send sends, read emails...etc through voice commands
3. Spoiler - Side under ...If i get it at a good price
4. Wheels - Paint or Powder coating or possibly replacing them with new sporty wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Really tasteful mods and a great looking build considering the money spent. What aftermarket systems are you looking into for BSM? Main one that I've seen advertised is from Goshers?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Add “Chip My Car” performance chip (plugs in diagnostic port). The additional acceleration is just short of amazing; supposedly increased HP by 60 hp to 312? $210! Will have synonyms tested in Spring!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Add “Chip My Car” performance chip (plugs in diagnostic port). The additional acceleration is just short of amazing; supposedly increased HP by 60 hp to 312? $210! Will have synonyms tested in Spring!
Interesting concept. Let us know how to works.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really tasteful mods and a great looking build considering the money spent. What aftermarket systems are you looking into for BSM? Main one that I've seen advertised is from Goshers?
Thanks! Didn't spend time to look into BSM options. I know CarToys does it for about $450- 600, labor included. I don't think I can do this as DYI, so looking to get it done professionally, waiting for the right product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a delayed posting on some of the modifications to my LX, after I bought it in Aug 2018. Looks like most folks on this forum have Sports/EX. Buying LX trim was a deliberate decision due to its many stock/safety features . I had a fully loaded luxury car earlier and hardly used many of the features. Love my car so far, 7.5k miles on it, with mileage of 36 - 45 mpg depending on weather/city/highway/wind. My regular commute of 50 miles each day averages 37 mpg.
We'll, here the modifications I have made so far. Never thought, I would be doing these when I bought this car, until i came to these forums (THANKS to all of you sharing their mods). Yes, even the LX owners can also dream on making their car look sporty :).

1. Glossy Black Front Bumper Lip Protector Cover Trim
2. JDM V Type Trunk Spoiler
3. Side Skirt Spoiler (Glossy Black)
4. ABS Glossy Black Hood Lip Front Grille Cover Molding Trim
5. Red Rear Emblem
6. Red Front Emblem
7. Rear Bumper Diffuser Lip
8. Black Roof
9. Protection Film on Front Lights, Partial Hood, Side Fenders, Door handle cups
10. Interior LED Lights
11. Brake Calipers - painted them Red

All the above cost me under $1000. Except the roof, all the mods were done by me.

Future :
1. Blind Spot monitoring
2. Apple Car Play ........................I currently have a workaround of a cellphone holder adjacent to the display, right in front of me and use Bluetooth, Siri shortcuts commands to navigate, send sends, read emails...etc through voice commands
3. Spoiler - Side under ...If i get it at a good price
4. Wheels - Paint or Powder coating or possibly replacing them with new sporty wheels
How do you add the blind spot? Btw your car looks great!

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
203 Posts
Looks good adixyz! I have a set of the rear side spoiler/lips (the ones right behind the rear wheels) but mine looks like it will need some modding/dremeling to fit with splash guards already in place. Did you find a set that will work with splash guards or, if not, what did you do to make them fit together? Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good adixyz! I have a set of the rear side spoiler/lips (the ones right behind the rear wheels) but mine looks like it will need some modding/dremeling to fit with splash guards already in place. Did you find a set that will work with splash guards or, if not, what did you do to make them fit together? Thanks.
Initially I had to remove the splash guard to fit the rear side spoiler. They were lying unused, so I took a chance to cut a groove on the side about a mm bigger than the spoiler thickness and had to press it hard while putting the screws.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any luck with the BSM yet? i just recently got a sport 1.5 and prior i had a kia and it had many features that my honda doesn’t and i really wanted that to be a feature i can add on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts