Minus $1000 Honda Cash
Minus $500 Honda Military Cash
Total $26,600
Add approx $1750 sales tax
Add approx $1295 fully refundable extended warranty
Add approx $350 registration/dealer fees
Just under $30k out the door.

• 1. Your city or region and/or dealer location
  • 2. Trim level purchased and identification of options/accessories purchased (AWD? SE? Touring? Trailer hitch? Etc.)
  • 3. Your price paid
  • 4. Sticker price (MSRP) (or discount you received from MSRP) including the options/accessories included in your price paid
  • 5. Invoice price comparison (if you know it)
  • 6. Any other details that you

**Example / Actual prices may vary

Toledo, Ohio
    2018 Accord SE Msrp $38165.00
    Saving $2000.00
    Sales price $36165.00
    dealer fee $449.00
    Taxable amount $36614.00 X 6.25%
    Sales tax $2288.37
    Reg, title, new plates $170.00 if you transfer plates it will be less $35.00
    out the door price $39072.37
    Pictures or invoices are welcome!

Hope this helps /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/QUOTE]

· Registered
1 Posts
Texas
Touring 1.5 (all side and back windows tinted, all season mats, resistall, mud guards, pin stripe)

MSRP: $34,690
Price Paid on car including add-ons: $30,407
Tax, Title, License, and Fees: $2,341
Honda Care: $745 (84mo/80k)
FINAL COST: $33,493
Financing: 1.9% at 60mo

· Registered
68 Posts
2019 Sport 2.0T auto - MSRP $31,605. Purchased on Dec. 28, 2018 for..

$28,500 + tax + $95 fees (includes $75 doc fee - max. allowed in NY state) - plus DMV registration/new plates fee.

I could have bought a 2018 Sport 2.0 for $27,900 but chose to go with a 2019 for better resale value (and perhaps some improvements? But I doubt there are any, not until the 3rd or 4th year usually).

Harry

PS. The 2018 I test drove had a better/smoother ride and tracked better. The 2019 doesn't track straight so hopefully it just needs a wheel alignment, but the ride is also bumpier than the 2018. Constant steering correction is required. Both cars had 33psi in the tires (checked and adjusted by me).

· Registered
2 Posts
Honda Accord Touring 1.5T Obsidian Blue all leather interior grey with all weather mats. Bought at McCurly Honda in Kennewick WA 1/2/2019. Got a great sales guy and their slogan of "Integrity in everything we do for you" felt very true.
MSRP: $34,000
Taxes: $2692 (8.0%, Seattle does 10% fyi)
Down payment: $3000
Bought anti-theft protection: $399.99
%rate: 4.74% (and we graded A+ credit score, rediculas)
Loan: 72 month
Payment: $471.46 a month
Walking out price: $29,200
Factory warranty only
Considered used with 62 miles on it (was a pilot car for dealership).

Best price I found after looking at several dealerships including in UT and ID. Me and my husband have been watching and looking at this model of Accord for 6 or 7 months now and this was an excellent time to buy and still have options to choose from. We did not trade in my '07 Accord SE because
A. I am rather attached to it
and
B. It has almost 250,000 miles on her and though it rates excellet condition on KBB, dealer would only have offered $1000. I expect it will last another 50,000 anyway ?.
A lot of electronics on this new Accord, makes me kind of nervous about something going wacky but trusting it will be just as good as my last 3 Honda Accords that all lasted past 200,000 miles though 2 were at least 9 years old when I got them. Infact, most of my family drives Honda's and have done so for as long as I can remember, awesome cars! Just be sure to use top synthetic oil, change it regularly, and keep up on all other fluids and reg maintenance.

· Registered
46 Posts
Honda Accord Touring 1.5T Obsidian Blue all leather interior grey with all weather mats. Bought at McCurly Honda in Kennewick WA 1/2/2019. Got a great sales guy and their slogan of "Integrity in everything we do for you" felt very true.
MSRP: $34,000
Taxes: $2692 (8.0%, Seattle does 10% fyi)
Down payment: $3000
Bought anti-theft protection: $399.99
%rate: 4.74% (and we graded A+ credit score, rediculas)
Loan: 72 month
Payment: $471.46 a month
Walking out price: $29,200
Factory warranty only
Considered used with 62 miles on it (was a pilot car for dealership).

Best price I found after looking at several dealerships including in UT and ID. Me and my husband have been watching and looking at this model of Accord for 6 or 7 months now and this was an excellent time to buy and still have options to choose from. We did not trade in my '07 Accord SE because
A. I am rather attached to it
and
B. It has almost 250,000 miles on her and though it rates excellet condition on KBB, dealer would only have offered $1000. I expect it will last another 50,000 anyway ?.
A lot of electronics on this new Accord, makes me kind of nervous about something going wacky but trusting it will be just as good as my last 3 Honda Accords that all lasted past 200,000 miles though 2 were at least 9 years old when I got them. Infact, most of my family drives Honda's and have done so for as long as I can remember, awesome cars! Just be sure to use top synthetic oil, change it regularly, and keep up on all other fluids and reg maintenance.
Odd financing as I thought Honda had 2.9 for 72 months up to 1/2/19. I would have walked out on that financing as its not appropriate if you have a high credit score (740+).

Taxes are a killer in WA, mine in MD were 6% and I think that is crazy as well.

· Registered
68 Posts
Odd financing as I thought Honda had 2.9 for 72 months up to 1/2/19. I would have walked out on that financing as its not appropriate if you have a high credit score (740+).

Taxes are a killer in WA, mine in MD were 6% and I think that is crazy as well.
The 1.9% (36 months) and 2.9% "special finance" rates are for 2018 models only. He might have bought a 2019 MY. There were NO special rates from Honda for my '19 Accord, but with my excellent credit (>800) the dealer shopped around and got me 3.1% with Bank of America. I have CC's with BOA which might have helped.

· Registered
46 Posts
The 1.9% (36 months) and 2.9% "special finance" rates are for 2018 models only. He might have bought a 2019 MY. There were NO special rates from Honda for my '19 Accord, but with my excellent credit (>800) the dealer shopped around and got me 3.1% with Bank of America. I have CC's with BOA which might have helped.
In MD the deal was 1.9% up to 60 months, 2.9% > 60 to 84 months. 3% is the max I would accept for 60 months when there is no deals.

With >800 I would have asked for 0% and worked up from there not to exceed 1.9%. Honda finance can do anything they want at any time. The dealers know this because there get a base rate and anything they get above it is money in their pocket. BTW...That is an excellent score.

· Registered
59 Posts
So my dealer had the last few 2018 Sport 1.5's discounted down to $23,549 (not including +$1k of addon's). Wife and I weren't planning on buying right now so for the deal to work my wife was adamant that we had to walk out for $10k'ish out of pocket once my trade was figured in. A light amount of back and forth led to these numbers below. Part of bringing the price down was for them to drop the $600 Resistall & bumping my trade value a touch from initial quote. Mixed opinions about Resistall as well their provided aftermarket warranties (which they wanted +$3k for!) so we passed on ALL of that. I'm very much considering a Honda Care warranty from Saccucci.

2018 Sport 1.5t - CVT -San Marino Red
Base price: $26,675
Wheel Locks: +$140
Mudguards: +$189
Pinstripe: +$149
Negotiated Discount: -$3,166
Coupon off best neg. price: -$500 (*We had this from pre-paid svc plan I bought with my car at this dealer!*)
-----
$23,487 (Base price without fees)

Tax: +$301.98 (*Due to trade I only had to pay tax on the difference not the full price!*)
License & Title Fees: +$103
Dealer Admin Fee: +$579
----
$24,470.98 (OTD Price not incl trade value)

Trade value (2013 Civic Si): -$14,000

$10,470.98 Financed @ 1.9% for 36/mo

· Registered
46 Posts
So my dealer had the last few 2018 Sport 1.5's discounted down to $23,549 (not including +$1k of addon's). Wife and I weren't planning on buying right now so for the deal to work my wife was adamant that we had to walk out for $10k'ish out of pocket once my trade was figured in. A light amount of back and forth led to these numbers below. Part of bringing the price down was for them to drop the $600 Resistall & bumping my trade value a touch from initial quote. Mixed opinions about Resistall as well their provided aftermarket warranties (which they wanted +$3k for!) so we passed on ALL of that. I'm very much considering a Honda Care warranty from Saccucci.

2018 Sport 1.5t - CVT -San Marino Red
Base price: $26,675
Wheel Locks: +$140
Mudguards: +$189
Pinstripe: +$149
Negotiated Discount: -$3,166
Coupon off best neg. price: -$500 (*We had this from pre-paid svc plan I bought with my car at this dealer!*)
-----
$23,487 (Base price without fees)

Tax: +$301.98 (*Due to trade I only had to pay tax on the difference not the full price!*)
License & Title Fees: +$103
Dealer Admin Fee: +$579
----
$24,470.98 (OTD Price not incl trade value)

Trade value (2013 Civic Si): -$14,000

$10,470.98 Financed @ 1.9% for 36/mo
Seems like a good deal. You can get a better idea by looking at the trade in value for the car.

Funny there are locks on my wheels but that was not on the invoice. I think they simply forgot. The mud guards are useful so that seems acceptable. I am thinking of adding. Pinstripe is not even a Honda add-on is it?

Resistall looks like basic junk. Acura often sells Cilajet which is also junk. Good pass.

Admin fee is high.

· Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, they came down a good bit so I wasn't going to split hairs on too many things. Their admin fee is about $100 higher than it was 5-6 years ago when I got my Civic and my wife's Accord and from what I could tell they are on the high end for dealers in our area.

I'm not sure about the pinstripe being a factory add on but most of the cars on the lot there have it and the two previous cars we got there 5-6 years ago had it as well. It's just a money making piece for them which is fine. At the end of it I understand they are a business trying to make a few bucks and I'm just a consumer trying to save a few bucks :)

· Registered
1 Posts
All estimations to the best of my memory, only thing I cared about/remember is the OTD price.

Tysons Corner, Virginia
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6M Msrp ~$30,800
Saving ~$5,800
Sales price ~$25,000
dealer fee ~$699.00
Sales tax 4.22%

Out the door price $27,500 (including Autodimming mirror w/ homelink ~$510 installed)

· Registered
27 Posts
All estimations to the best of my memory, only thing I cared about/remember is the OTD price.

Tysons Corner, Virginia
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 6M Msrp ~$30,800
Saving ~$5,800
Sales price ~$25,000
dealer fee ~$699.00
Sales tax 4.22%

Out the door price $27,500 (including Autodimming mirror w/ homelink ~$510 installed)
Looks like you got a great deal!

· Registered
8 Posts
Good day,

New to the forum, hoping to acquire a Touring 2.0 10A end of September when I come off lease on my 2017 Fusion Sport AWD.

I am looking for guidance on what one can negotiate when it comes to add-on accessories installed by the dealer, once I have agreed on the final price of the car with the sales rep. Then I am off to the finance dept. where they will try and sell me everything under the sun.

I want several accessories added; heated steering wheel, rear USB and a couple of other times as well as tire and rim protection (I have a knack for rim road rash on the right side of my cars).

So the dealer has list prices on accessories and will want to charge labor to get them installed. How can I get them to minimize the expense on parts off MSRP AND not rake me over the coals on the labor they will try to charge (and I expect the labor cost for them are not so much as the tech are there on salary.

Everyone is entitled to make a profit but charging MSRP on parts and then charging labor at full rate seems excessive to me.

For instance, the heated wheel is $399 and I hear with labor that could come to $600 installed.
USB charging for the back seats is $120 and I can just imagine what they are going to ask for installation.

I shopped and see the parts are available at a discount from many Honda OEM sources but I do not want to install these myself.

Any wisdom would be GREATLY appreciated from those who have already put up the good fight.

Thanks,

· Administrator
2,878 Posts
Good day,

New to the forum, hoping to acquire a Touring 2.0 10A end of September when I come off lease on my 2017 Fusion Sport AWD.

I am looking for guidance on what one can negotiate when it comes to add-on accessories installed by the dealer, once I have agreed on the final price of the car with the sales rep. Then I am off to the finance dept. where they will try and sell me everything under the sun.

I want several accessories added; heated steering wheel, rear USB and a couple of other times as well as tire and rim protection (I have a knack for rim road rash on the right side of my cars).

So the dealer has list prices on accessories and will want to charge labor to get them installed. How can I get them to minimize the expense on parts off MSRP AND not rake me over the coals on the labor they will try to charge (and I expect the labor cost for them are not so much as the tech are there on salary.

Everyone is entitled to make a profit but charging MSRP on parts and then charging labor at full rate seems excessive to me.

For instance, the heated wheel is $399 and I hear with labor that could come to $600 installed.
USB charging for the back seats is $120 and I can just imagine what they are going to ask for installation.

I shopped and see the parts are available at a discount from many Honda OEM sources but I do not want to install these myself.

Any wisdom would be GREATLY appreciated from those who have already put up the good fight.

Thanks,
Any OEM accessories you want to purchase/have installed prior to delivery should be discussed/added in to the out the door price as they are and can be negotiated w/the salesperson/sales manager. In most cases you will then go to the finance person and at that time you will discuss (negotiate) on the tire rim protection you mentioned as this is an "extended" warranty/insurance item. Do your homework/shop around for the protection you want and get prices... when you visit that finance person have that information w/you and make them match/beat your lowest price. There is a lot of profit built into extended warranty/insurance policies and if they want to make the deal they should be willing to negotiate... you can also walk away from the sale if they don't want to negotiate... if they (salesperson/sales manager) want to make the sale bad enough they may go to bat for you and help get the deal you want.

· Registered
4 Posts
Sacramento, Ca @ Audi Rocklin

Found the car on Cargurus.com. A silver 2018 2.0 Touring 10sp with 4K miles. Paid $28k plus taxes and fees for $30,258 out the door. Had a great experience, bought the car over the phone and the salesman delivered it to my bank with a full tank of gas and he uber’d back. Apparently a richer old couple were fountain shopping next door and traded in their accord for an Audi on a whim.

There was a red 2018 2.0 10sp touring at Folsom lake Honda for $30k before tax on their end of year clearance. But their salesman stopped replying to emails when I tried to negotiate on the price. Oh well, I’m happy with what I ended up with.

· Registered
49 Posts
Saratoga, NY:

2019 EX-L 2.0T 10 speed automatic:

MSRP:...............$33,080

Vehicle:............$29,400
less:
Cash back:............$750
Trade-in:............$4,500
add:
Dealer fee:..............$75
DMV, sales tax:.....$1774

OTD..................$26,599

I think the deal was $300 better than that because the KBB average for the trade-in was $4200.

The dealer was a total pain in the ass about all the extended warranty stuff, which I didn't take. I think he was trying to get The Woman Of My Dreams to make me take it. He finally quit when she started acting all submissive, which was funny because IRL she's a registered nurse-dominatrix.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.