2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Let me tell you about this install. I had this idea based off of a video that I found on YouTube. I purchased rear bumper lights that would replace the reflectors for $60. They arrived in about 2 days. They are only offered in red so I decided to purchase pre-cut 20% smoke tint since I knew that I would be changing my tail lights anyway so I figured that I would kill one bird with two stones.

The tint overlay did NOT fit the aftermarket reflector lights which was my fault because I assumed that the lights were exactly the same size as my reflector lights but they aren’t. So I ended up going and buying a roll of tint for $10 from an auto parts store and tinted them myself.

The install itself wasn’t bad but I was struggling because it is hot and humid as **** in Virginia Beach and it was a pain to get all of my bumper clips removed as well as a couple of screws.

I thought about trying to do a step by step tutorial for anyone who wanted to try this but it was too hot for all of that. I took a few pics and I will post them. As soon as it gets dark here then I will post more.

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey everyone,

Let me tell you about this install. I had this idea based off of a video that I found on YouTube. I purchased rear bumper lights that would replace the reflectors for $60. They arrived in about 2 days. They are only offered in red so I decided to purchase pre-cut 20% smoke tint since I knew that I would be changing my tail lights anyway so I figured that I would kill one bird with two stones.

The tint overlay did NOT fit the aftermarket reflector lights which was my fault because I assumed that the lights were exactly the same size as my reflector lights but they aren’t. So I ended up going and buying a roll of tint for $10 from an auto parts store and tinted them myself.

The install itself wasn’t bad but I was struggling because it is hot and humid as **** in Virginia Beach and it was a pain to get all of my bumper clips removed as well as a couple of screws.

I thought about trying to do a step by step tutorial for anyone who wanted to try this but it was too hot for all of that. I took a few pics and I will post them. As soon as it gets dark here then I will post more.

Thanks! View attachment 3737 View attachment 3738 View attachment 3739 View attachment 3740 View attachment 3741
Really nice. Now give up the information about the rear red emblem. I got one for my steering wheel but did not think it would be as easy to put the one on the rear bumper as easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone,

Thanks! View attachment 3737 View attachment 3738 View attachment 3739 View attachment 3740 View attachment 3741
Hey everyone,

Those look great, may I ask where you got them? A link maybe?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really nice. Now give up the information about the rear red emblem. I got one for my steering wheel but did not think it would be as easy to put the one on the rear bumper as easy.
I ordered it from EBay back in March. It came in a set with the front emblem. The rear emblem didn’t fit the way that I wanted it to so I broke off the pegs and put heavy duty Velcro on it and it hasn’t slipped off or anything the whole time that it has been on the car. I did purchase an extra one just in case lol.

2PCS JDM Red H Front and Rear Emblem Badge For HONDA ACCORD 2018 SEDAN 4DR
Emblem Set

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered it from EBay back in March. It came in a set with the front emblem. The rear emblem didn’t fit the way that I wanted it to so I broke off the pegs and put heavy duty Velcro on it and it hasn’t slipped off or anything the whole time that it has been on the car. I did purchase an extra one just in case lol.

2PCS JDM Red H Front and Rear Emblem Badge For HONDA ACCORD 2018 SEDAN 4DR
Emblem Set
What color is your Honda and what emblems did you get?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Honda looks great
Thanks Melb, the color of my Accord is Modern Steel and the emblems were purchased off of eBay. The link for the emblems is posted in the thread. A couple of messages above yours ??

What color is your Accord?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts