2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Accord X Club,

I'm new to the group and I'm excited to be here! I've owned over 5 Accords starting with the 1976 Honda Accord Hatchback. I think I owned one of the first 50 to ever be released.

I've just purchased a 2018 Accord Sport 1.5 Manual. I would've bought a new one, but really wanted to get a Manual. I'm glad I did. I love the car! The only problem I'm experiecing is for the first 15 minutes or so after I start it up, I'm hearing a rattling from under the hood just in front of the driver. It seems to go away after that. The car only has 33,000 miles on it. I've checked under the hood and can't find any loose fittings. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you so much for any feedback you may have.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
I just bought an 18 6MT but with the 2.0 and the same exact thing happened to me. I played it up to get a better deal but it ended up being the plastic cover on the positive battery terminal wasn't secure and it would pop open and rattle against the hood. since figuring that out i've had no problems at all, but it was pretty much exactly what and where you described. check it out and hopefully that maybe it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.