2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s hard two find a more popular midsize family sedan than the 2018 Honda Accord and 2018 Toyota Camry. They are absolute leaders in their class, providing a rich blend of technologically advanced features. But which one is better? Let’s make a 2018 Toyota Camry vs 2018 Honda Accord comparison to answer this question.

1. Exterior and interior design
Both models are very attractive and will catch the eye inside and outside the vehicle. The center of every vehicle’s attention is a large 7-inch touchscreen display that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as provides easy access to all comfort and safety features.
2. Dimensions and cargo space
The 2018 Honda Accord and the 2018 Toyota Camry seem almost the same size, whereas, Honda provides more leg room for the rear passengers and more cargo space for your luggage (16.7 cu ft. and 15.1 cu ft., respectively).
3. Performance and fuel economy
The 2018 Honda Accord’s engine lineup starts with a 1.5 L4 turbo producing up to 192 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque and ends with a 2.0 L4 turbo making up to 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. The 2018 Camry offers a traditional naturally-aspirated 2.5 L4 producing 203 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque and a 3.5 V6 with 301 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque. The transmission lineup is a 6-speed manual and 10-speed automatic transmission for the Honda and an 8-speed automatic transmission for all Camry engines. The estimated best mileage is 30 mpg city and 38 mpg hwy for the Honda and 28 mpg city and 39 mpg hwy for the Camry.
4. Safety
Beyond a doubt, you can feel safe and secure when driving any of these vehicles. The Honda Accord has the highest possible mark, while the Toyota Camry also has a 5-star rating.

Truck&Gear’s advice
Both vehicles are stylish, safe, and technologically-advanced vehicles that will serve you for years to come. However, taking into account a bit lower 2018 Honda Accord cost, it seems to be a more reasonable choice. If you go with it, on the Truck&Gear website (2018 Honda Accord Accessories and Parts at Truck&Gear), you’ll find an array of parts and accessories for its maintenance and custom projects. We provide dozens of top-quality 2018 Honda Accord parts and accessories to suit any budget.

· Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0
133 Posts
With features like remote start that comes standard and not as a subscription service like Toyota, the 2.0t being the better option over the 3.5 V6 in the Camry, and better ergonomics, the Accord definitely takes the cake. Don't get me wrong, the Camry is nice. Having things like available panoramic roof, a sport TRD model that has the TRD exhaust to give a little growl, it's nice. But the only things, IMO, that it has over the Accord is the exhaust on the TRD model, pano-roof, available red leather interior, and JBL sound system. Other than than, the Accord wins.

Honda needs to stop being so subtle with their cars. They're making them...plain-Jane. Give it some excitement. Throw some red interior on the Sport trims.

· Registered
80 Posts
When I bought mine I test drove the camry XSE V6, Accord EXL 2.0, maxima platinum, and the avalon XSE. My favorite was the avalon, But it was like 15k more. The maxima and camry were tied at 3rd place, But for almost 10k more it they were no where close to runner ups. I got the Accord and I have zero regrets. The camry felt cheap, didn't look cheap... but felt cheap, and it was 30k$ used. I got my Accord EXL 2.0 for 24k$ and 20k miles. The one gripe I had with Accord was the sound system. Total garbage.... but I'm happy it was so terrible, it lead me on a pursuit for Audio Nirvana in my car. About 20k$ later in audio upgrades has left me with a car audio obsession. Lol

· Registered
971 Posts
Both cars are nice and have their plus and minuses. I've owned both, (hybrids) and toe the edge goes to the Camry for a couple reasons. One of them being the much more comfortable driver seat. It's also much more quiet. Funny thing is people all talk about the technology in the Camry being behind I just don't see it. The home screen on the stereo can be set show four different sections of information like map, audio, battery charge, time, phone presets ect, and my Bluetooth connects every single time no problems. The Accord was hit and miss trying to connect it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts