2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
74 Posts
Nice! No screw holes in your front grille - did it come that way or did you replace/add a part? Also, is that a "chip guard" of some sort?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope came this way when i got the car. Yeap hood deflector. A must! stupid rocks. looks great with the car!

·
Super Moderator
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
My grill came that way too. It depends on your state and if they have a front license law. I live in Ohio where there is a front license plate law but bought my Accord in Kentucky where there is no front license plate law. It's so nice having a virgin grille. Front license plates are ugly.
Panger1, can you post a few more pics of the "chip gaurd"? I like that idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My grill came that way too. It depends on your state and if they have a front license law. I live in Ohio where there is a front license plate law but bought my Accord in Kentucky where there is no front license plate law. It's so nice having a virgin grille. Front license plates are ugly.
Panger1, can you post a few more pics of the "chip gaurd"? I like that idea.
Hey man, the guard is an Auto Ventshade (AVS) “Smoked” Hood Protector, part number is 322164.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! No screw holes in your front grille - did it come that way or did you replace/add a part? Also, is that a "chip guard" of some sort?
Hey man, the guard is an Auto Ventshade (AVS) “Smoked” Hood Protector, part number is 322164.

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
62 Posts
I live in Ohio where there is a front license plate law but bought my Accord in Kentucky where there is no front license plate law. It's so nice having a virgin grille. Front license plates are ugly.
So you think that you don't have to use a front plate in Ohio because you bought the car in Kentucky?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No not at all. I rarely get into trouble over the front plate not being on the car. I just sold my RSX that i refused to put a front plate on and only got warned once in the 5 years I drove it. My point to the original comment was that Kentucky must not have a front licence plate law because the car was delivered without the mount installed. I have it, but will not be installing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No not at all. I rarely get into trouble over the front plate not being on the car. I just sold my RSX that i refused to put a front plate on and only got warned once in the 5 years I drove it. My point to the original comment was that Kentucky must not have a front licence plate law because the car was delivered without the mount installed. I have it, but will not be installing it.
I live in Ohio as well and was told that if your car did not come with the bracket installed then you don’t have to use the front plate. I have not confirmed this statement, but I bought my car in Kentucky as well so I guess I’m good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts