2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up everyone.

Have an 18 LX and I’m wanting to lower my car and at the same time keep my stock rim n tire set up- Easy I know, just lower my car. But I’m wanting my wheels to be flush with the body- not the tuck look like bags- now I do love that look but on bigger aftermarket rim n tires. But for now I’m really digging my 17” set up. So I was curious as to what size spacer would give me what I’m wanting- has anyone done this already??

Thanks in advance
Wing-It

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are thinking which is good, but the incorrect part you are asking about. Wheel spacers will push the wheel outward but not in the way you will need if you lower it. Lowering the vehicle will introduce more negative camber. You would need a camber kit to correct this if the vehicles camber cannot be adjusted out from factory. The more you lower it, the more camber correction will be needed. If you are unfamiliar with camber and what it is, this will help: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=4

·
Registered
21 Posts
What’s up everyone.

Have an 18 LX and I’m wanting to lower my car and at the same time keep my stock rim n tire set up- Easy I know, just lower my car. But I’m wanting my wheels to be flush with the body- not the tuck look like bags- now I do love that look but on bigger aftermarket rim n tires. But for now I’m really digging my 17” set up. So I was curious as to what size spacer would give me what I’m wanting- has anyone done this already??

Thanks in advance
Wing-It
20mm

·
Registered
21 Posts
After lowering a car, an alignment is always required to correct the negative camber. Depending on how far you lowered the car, a camber kit MAY be required. I used H&R Sport Springs and a camber kit was not needed. Wheel spacers will be needed to make the wheels flush, but you actually want to go slightly less than flush to avoid rubbing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your front wheels don't look flush, they look like there poking out. Should of used a smaller spacers.
Now when I get it lowered, eventually, I may get smaller ones then so no rub. But this look is growing on me. Had a guy pull up beside me at a light and he swore he was about to see aftermarket wheels and was shocked to see stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts