2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael and I just purchased a new 2018 Still Night Blue 2.0T Accord with the 10-spd Automatic yesterday. I purchased the car as a utility / winter vehicle as I store my Cadillac ATS-V during the winter months (which starts in November and lasts till May here in Wisconsin). I'm really enjoying this new Accord. It was actually kind of difficult to locate a 2.0T with the 10-spd and I had to drive out of state in order to purchase it. I'm a tinkerer by nature, so I plan on doing the PRL downpipe (once released) along with a Hondata tune, Type engine cover, lowering springs and the JDM emblems. Essentially creating a "gentlemen's Type R" if you will. I'll post pics and a build thread once I get going.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael and I just purchased a new 2018 Still Night Blue 2.0T Accord with the 10-spd Automatic yesterday. I purchased the car as a utility / winter vehicle as I store my Cadillac ATS-V during the winter months (which starts in November and lasts till May here in Wisconsin). I'm really enjoying this new Accord. It was actually kind of difficult to locate a 2.0T with the 10-spd and I had to drive out of state in order to purchase it. I'm a tinkerer by nature, so I plan on doing the PRL downpipe (once released) along with a Hondata tune, Type engine cover, lowering springs and the JDM emblems. Essentially creating a "gentlemen's Type R" if you will. I'll post pics and a build thread once I get going.
I have the same car. Let me know your results if you get the chance. I assume you are comfortable with the potential loss of Powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same car. Let me know your results if you get the chance. I assume you are comfortable with the potential loss of Powertrain warranty.
Pay to play my friend...no worries. I'm going to start slow with the build. I purchased the Type R engine cover and bolts a few minutes ago. King Motorsports is right down the road from me, so I may take a quick ride over there on my lunch break for shits-n-giggles.

Reactions: 2veloce

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pay to play my friend...no worries. I'm going to start slow with the build. I purchased the Type R engine cover and bolts a few minutes ago. King Motorsports is right down the road from me, so I may take a quick ride over there on my lunch break for shits-n-giggles.
Had all three of my GTI’s tuned including the Mk7 sitting in the garage beside my new Accord. No issues with any. I am following this on the new Accord because of that trick new transmission. I noticed that the new Acura RDX uses the same Powertrain with higher hp and torque ratings. The latest Odyssey uses the 10 speed behind the V6, but the MDX, Pilot, and Ridgeline all still use the 6 speed trans. Make what you will of that info. I assume the clutches and gears are smaller as the number of ratios goes up. Of course the ratio steps are also smaller putting less stress on each shift. Honda has said this trans is almost the same size as the 6 speed. Sure works great though. Just thinking!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had all three of my GTI’s tuned including the Mk7 sitting in the garage beside my new Accord. No issues with any. I am following this on the new Accord because of that trick new transmission. I noticed that the new Acura RDX uses the same Powertrain with higher hp and torque ratings. The latest Odyssey uses the 10 speed behind the V6, but the MDX, Pilot, and Ridgeline all still use the 6 speed trans. Make what you will of that info. I assume the clutches and gears are smaller as the number of ratios goes up. Of course the ratio steps are also smaller putting less stress on each shift. Honda has said this trans is almost the same size as the 6 speed. Sure works great though. Just thinking!
The MK7 is a solid platform. Both my brother-in law and my mother-in law have MK7 Golf Rs that are pretty heavily modified. My wife had an APR stage II 2.0T Quattro Audi A3 that was pretty fun as well. That was my feeling too regarding the RDX A-spec...same engine and trans as in the Accord. I was initially going to try and work a deal on the A-spec RDX, but chose the Accord instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts