2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,
I’m hoping to be a new member of the accord family in the next few weeks. Moving the family to have a bit of a longer commute and an accord meets all of my needs. Trying to decide between a 2018 2.0L Touring with 40k miles on it for $25k vs a 2020 2.0L sport manual. I had a stick in the low cost color copies online near me past and really enjoyed it so thinking it is a good option. Working with a dealer now to get a price but I’m worried the uniqueness of it (only 2.0l manual in the state) will have them jump the price.
Would you go with the used touring or new 2.0L manual?

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
One thing I can think of right of the bat (which may not make a difference to you) is the manual will not have remote start like the automatic. If you live in a climate where it would be nice to warm the car up before getting in it in the winter or cool it off before getting in the remote start is a nice option.

· Registered
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
73 Posts
The Sport manual, by a long shot.

I think the manuals are easier to make a deal on since there are just not that many buyers for them. I found a local dealer that a month ago had still four unsold 2019 1.5 Sports with manual transmissions. One of them went home with me for a steal (couple thousands less than what you would pay for that used 2.0 Touring)

· Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
562 Posts
Before I bought my 2.0 EXL, I compared it with the 2.0 Touring and 2.0 Sport.

(vs Touring) I felt that Android Auto/Waze would be good enough vs dedicated NAV, didn't feel that the rest of the features were worth the additional cost (IMO), and didn't want to deal with the HUD noises I'd been reading about (which I think has been fixed since then?). Since then, off the top of my head, there have been a few times when a dedicated NAV would have been nice - simpler/easier, no need to have your phone with you, no need to plug it in, and primarily, there have a been a few times when the car refused to connect to my phone at all via USB (so Waze on my phone only). Also, mirror memory would be nice (which my car doesn't have). But you do get a pretty good bang for your buck these days with the Touring - I have an 08 Odyssey Touring and I think you get Way more features with the new Touring models.

(vs Sport) I've always been a manual kind of guy and much prefer a lever to shift vs buttons (even if it's an automatic) so the Sport was actually my first choice but the main reason I ended up with the EXL was because I wasn't going to be the only one driving it - the other members of my family don't drive stick and are significantly shorter than me (Sport doesn't have seat memory - my 03 Pilot EX, now gone, didn't have set memory either and it became a PITA). Plus I was going to change the wheels anyway and everything else was pretty close. If it was just going to be me driving it, it would have been the Sport...

· Registered
24 Posts
If you enjoy driving, want to be engaged each time behind the wheel, find perfectly executed rev match downshifts appealing then buy the manual. This car is a blast with the manual. I would jump at the chance to get this in a manual and give Honda the excuse to keep offering manuals.I'm telling you the 2.0T Sport in manual is a sleeper, fast and handles very well If you want to go from point A to point B get the auto touring like granny has down the street.

· Registered
38 Posts
I bought a 19 2.0L Sport and then added Hondata. The sport mode is so powerful I can't keep the front tires glued to the road and it will squeal right through the first 100 feet. It's quite spirited and the auto is faster than the manual anyway you look at it. You can't shift as fast and with the paddle shifters you get the best of both worlds anyway. I am now getting ready to add some Vossen wheels with more rubber to protect the rims and give me a little more contact. 245/40/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the rear. Staggered for the concave look in back. No lowering at the moment want to see if pushing the offset out a bit fills the void that is clearly there now.

Anyway, resale on a manual may be harder as the general population of drivers young and older are certainly not wanting to deal with all that shifting. IMO.

· Registered
48 Posts
One thing I can think of right of the bat (which may not make a difference to you) is the manual will not have remote start like the automatic. If you live in a climate where it would be nice to warm the car up before getting in it in the winter or cool it off before getting in the remote start is a nice option.
Also leather interior isn't an option on any Sport. But aftermarket it runs ~$1,500.

· Registered
48 Posts
I bought my 2.0 Manual in late October. My dealer looked all over the Southeast & into the North, roughly 15 states. Could only find 2 in the color I wanted (white). Found one 350 miles away, it didn't add a dollar to the price & I wheeled-&-dealed just like it was on the lot. BUT, if I had wanted an automatic I could've knock off a couple hundred bucks more.
I've dealer-swapped on two Hondas at 2 different dealerships & not had an added cost either time. Sure its a small sample size, but car salesman got mouths to feed too. And with the crazy today, any sale is better than no commish. Use that to your advantage.

Manual vs Touring IMO
It's really the same car, difference is what experience you want. The Manual has a better connection between man & machine, the Touring is more about cruising & "luxury" (it ain't a $90K Mercedes). Manual has 19" wheels & you feel the road, ever bit of the road; Touring has more rubber = softer ride.
Either way, enjoy it & post pics.

· Registered
48 Posts
I bought a 19 2.0L Sport and then added Hondata. The sport mode is so powerful I can't keep the front tires glued to the road and it will squeal right through the first 100 feet. It's quite spirited and the auto is faster than the manual anyway you look at it. You can't shift as fast and with the paddle shifters you get the best of both worlds anyway. I am now getting ready to add some Vossen wheels with more rubber to protect the rims and give me a little more contact. 245/40/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the rear. Staggered for the concave look in back. No lowering at the moment want to see if pushing the offset out a bit fills the void that is clearly there now.

Anyway, resale on a manual may be harder as the general population of drivers young and older are certainly not wanting to deal with all that shifting. IMO.
Did you do the HondaData flash yourself? And which stage did you go with? Thanks

· Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
I just sold my manual '07 EX-L. The manual didn't cost me any money on the sale. In fact, the guy came to look at it because he wanted a well-equipped sedan and his wife said "Make sure it has a stick!" She used to drive a hatch with a manual and missed it, and wanted to have the experience back when borrowing her husband's car.

He came and looked at it that day, and came with money the next. Took me only a week to sell, and only two days after advertising it where he saw it.

I think, on average, manuals sell fine as long as you're patient enough to find the right buyer.

No regrets, by the way, getting the manual '20 Sport 2.0T. My only question: why the heck did Honda decide Canadian cars didn't need satellite radio, but US ones did? Oh well. I got Vaistech's interface installed today and the installer was even able to use the factory sharkfin antenna. It looks almost factory except for a tiny little USB cable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.