2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2018 Touring 1.5t w/35k last week. Didn't do my research before buying or I would've probably avoided it after reading about head gasket and injector issues.

Currently the coolant reservoir is empty and the level in the radiator is down. I have a CVT fluid change scheduled this week with the Original Dealer who also exclusively serviced the car, according to the Carfax. Want to document the coolant issue so I'm leaving it be. It was just at that dealer 2k miles ago according to the service inspection listed on the Carfax.

Car was on the dealer lot over a year before being sold. Which works out because the warranty is 5yrs from when it sold March of 2019.

But I digressed... Is this normal for the windshield? Not sure what to make of it. It is underneath the glass. Looks almost as if the glass is chipped.

Attachments

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
I have noticed that in my windshield (weather prohibiting me from getting a pic at the moment). Windshields are laminated... IE: two glass panels with plastic in between. I haven't noticed those areas expanding or getting worse from what was originally noticed so haven't bothered to have anything done about it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and education, I actually didn't know about delamination.

This car is turning out to be a bust. :cautious:

From what I'm reading, the heat will only make it worse. I'm located in South Florida where summer is 10 months out of the year.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
I'm further north than you (central Virginia) and may be the reason I haven't noticed it getting worse. If you come across other Gen X Accords in your area you should take a look at their windshields to see if they are like yours. Hopefully yours will not get worse or become an issue (worse than it already is).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts