2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I got a crazy deal on a brand new 2019 LX....20,35O. I couldn't believe the way the car drove for the $. I was really on a budget and thinking about a Hyundai Elantra for commuter, till I got such a great deal on this. The car kicks butt and is quick, even though it has the cvr trans. Anyway I've been reading about gas in the oil issues with the 1.5 engines, but it mainly appears to be on the CRVs,?
Other than that, I am going to put a k&n air filter in the stock box.. not a cold air, and thinking about maybe light stage 1 retune for the ECU, if it doesn't screw up the warranty and engine. I would also like to get the stereo in better order, and without doing a major rehaul, maybe just changing speakers or adding tweeters on a upper deck by the windows or dash. Not a crazy Bass person.
Thanks Everyone for any valuable advice in advanced.

·
Super Moderator
932 Posts
Welcome to the forum... glad to have you join us. Congrats on getting your new ride, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't bother with the K&N. Today's air input systems are maximized. Besides some manufactures, Ford for one, will void your warranty if it relates to the air intake system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't bother with the K&N. Today's air input systems are maximized. Besides some manufactures, Ford for one, will void your warranty if it relates to the air intake system.
Welcome and enjoy the car. At most, an air filter upgrade–even K&N–will net you 1-3 HP, so you ain't beating that Corvette. Older engines were starved for air; newer ones are maximized for "normal" air filters. BUT, if you drop ~$50 for a K&N, you don't have to replace it, just wash it out every __ miles (see instructions). Saves in the long-run (~$12/filter x 5 changes).

I've never had an aftermarket air filter void my warranty (3 cars with them, 1 a Honda); an air intake mod is a different animal. You could always wait 'til the warranty expires and do it then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts