2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to form. Want to trade my 2014 for either a 2019 Accord Sport or 2019 Accord EX. The sport has features I need and about $1,300 dollars cheaper. My concern is gas mpg as the Sport is rated 3mpg less than the EX because of the 19 inch tires I guess. I like the wheels on the sport,but with lower mpg and rougher ride (I hear), I am leaning towards the EX. Any sport, ex owners give me some mpg figures. Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am new to form. Want to trade my 2014 for either a 2019 Accord Sport or 2019 Accord EX. The sport has features I need and about $1,300 dollars cheaper. My concern is gas mpg as the Sport is rated 3mpg less than the EX because of the 19 inch tires I guess. I like the wheels on the sport,but with lower mpg and rougher ride (I hear), I am leaning towards the EX. Any sport, ex owners give me some mpg figures. Thanks.
I noticed the difference in the EPA numbers when I was shopping for an Accord. I compromised with the Sport 2.0 10 speed and aftermarket 18” wheels. I saved nearly 10 lbs. per wheel, probably less weight than the 17” on the EXL. The OEM Sport wheels weigh 31.5 lbs. I chose Pirelli P Zero Plus tires. They are a/s tires but more high performance than the Michelin Primacy’s that came on the 19”s. Gas mileage is so variable by user that I am almost hesitant to respond, but I am averaging about 34 mpg with 50% interstate and 40% rural and small town, very little urban use. Now my thought is that I should have used the same wheels and tires only in the 17” size. Weight and diameter are big contributors to gas mileage. My car’s handling is spot on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts