2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm working on a plan, and have a shop I've used before on standby, for a complete speaker/sub/amp upgrade...

Interior speakers (8 total; 4 mids; 4 tweeters):
Pair Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System (Pair, Silver) $100 x2 = ~$200
100w RMS each @ 4 ohms

Subwoofer / Box:
Kicker 46TL7T122 TL7T 12" (30cm) Solo-Baric Enclosure, 2-Ohm = ~$350
600w RMS @ 2 Ohms

5-channel Amp: Pioneer GM-DX975 5-channel Amplifier = ~$390
600w RMS @ 2 ohms ; 75w RMS x4 @ 4 ohms

Noico 80 mil 36 sq ft car Sound deadening mat, Butyl Automotive Sound Deadener = ~$70

Wiring misc + labor = ~$700

The one thing that's missing is a DSP...does anyone have thought on a good value/budget DSP? I'm looking at Dayton Audio DSP-408.. Will this work properly with my setup / X accord?

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can use the Dayton. I went with the Axxess DSP-X it's more expensive but I can tune through my phone via blue tooth.

If you choose the Dayton, buy the Axxess-DSP-HON2 T-Harness. This will make your life easier so you do not need to cut the factory harness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can use the Dayton. I went with the Axxess DSP-X it's more expensive but I can tune through my phone via blue tooth.

If you choose the Dayton, buy the Axxess-DSP-HON2 T-Harness. This will make your life easier so you do not need to cut the factory harness.

When you installed your access dsp did your speakers make a popping sound when you opened doors and when you turned off ignition?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would add Noico 36sqft 150mil red foam and 6 cans of expanding foam at least. I actually just used two more cans in my trunk area because it was rattling, but haven't posted the pics yet......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey man. Did you already get the kicker sub?

I have the 10 inch version of that and tbh I was a little dissatisfied with the output of the sealed box. I swapped it out for the kicker L7r factory box and it made a huge differnce although it takes up alot more space. worth it to me.

You may not have the same problem because amp only has 75 watts for the components, but I'm running the audiocontrol d5.1300 (100x4, 500x1) and definitely felt like the doors were overpowering the sub before I switched to a ported box.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hey man. Did you already get the kicker sub?

I have the 10 inch version of that and tbh I was a little dissatisfied with the output of the sealed box. I swapped it out for the kicker L7r factory box and it made a huge differnce although it takes up alot more space. worth it to me.

You may not have the same problem because amp only has 75 watts for the components, but I'm running the audiocontrol d5.1300 (100x4, 500x1) and definitely felt like the doors were overpowering the sub before I switched to a ported box.
Sounds like you have a issue with the settings or gain. My 250w and kicker 10" isn't overpowered by the doors,and I have it installed free air in the rear deck. 500w should be more than enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.