2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm confused about the site. It says to select the year of your car, not the year of the update.

In my case I would select 2018 instead of 2019. However, I want the 2019 maps. So, if I select 2018 will I get the 2019 update? Or, do I select 2019 even though the 2019 Accords aren't out yet?

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
Any idea if this is going to fix the hud/compass issues? That site doesn't list what exactly has been fixed.
Since this is coming from Garmin I doubt that this will have any impact on that issue. I own a Garmin GPS and their updates are just related to the map itself.

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
I'm confused about the site. It says to select the year of your car, not the year of the update.

In my case I would select 2018 instead of 2019. However, I want the 2019 maps. So, if I select 2018 will I get the 2019 update? Or, do I select 2019 even though the 2019 Accords aren't out yet?
The selection of the year of your vehicle I would believe is to determine if there is an update available... you then should be able to load the newest mapset/update available... in this case it would be the 2019 update.... at least that's what I'm thinking (hoping). :smile:

·
Registered
46 Posts

you would select 2018 and it will give you the 2019 update
But wait until it comes out in a few days.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks @Fired00d; and @Makaveli; for your response.

Another thing the site says is it takes up to 4 hours to update the maps. That's a lot of time! Does it really take that long to update Garmin maps? If so, then I'll skip the update until I really need it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I updated right after I got my car. It took between 30-40 minutes to download the update to my flash drive and just about an hour to do the actual update once plugged into the car. The first 30 minutes my car was idling in the garage, yet the door was open. The second 30 minutes I was driving around. Just from watching the scrollbar, it looked like the update went faster while I was driving as compared to idling but that may be a fig newton of my imagination.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I plan to do this update this week. I’ll report here if I run into any issues during install and using garmin thereafter

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did the 2019 update 2 weeks ago and it was easy but it did not fix the HUD issue.
I’m not quite sure what you’re saying

The garmin 2019 map update comes out tomorrow.

Besides, I wouldn’t expect their update to fix the compass issue. Which I haven’t ran into yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The process is largely the same for all the vehicles. Where it differs for my two vehicles is where you can put the usb drive in and how you get to the update screen. I don't know that anyone would have to wait until there are updates unless they're waiting for Garmin to recognize the newer vehicles? But I would imagine, at any time you can download Garmin Express, make initialize the usb drive from the vehicle, and then plug it in with Garmin Express running and it will tell you if there are updates. The longest part of the update was downloading and writing to the usb drive, that took a while. I would definitely recommend a high speed usb device. Then, you can take the newly updated usb drive and put it in the vehicle(following the instructions for your specific vehicle) to start the update process. For me, it took maybe 15 minutes - 20 minutes to do the update in each car. The faster the usb drive, the faster the update process is going to be.

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I’m not quite sure what you’re saying

The garmin 2019 map update comes out tomorrow.

Besides, I wouldn’t expect their update to fix the compass issue. Which I haven’t ran into yet.

I got a postcard in the mail from them w/instructions and sure enough, it was available!

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
Update is now available... downloading as I type.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What exactly is the HUD issue? My Compass, the red needle, appears to be pointing in the wrong direction even though the directional language appears correct. For example the red needle is at the 9 o'clock position of the compass (which to me indicates a westerly direction) but the HUD indicates I'm driving east.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts