2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0t
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined this forum a few months ago and just wanted to share what i plan and have done to my accord. I just got this car in early March and. Some changes ive done so far : aFe Takeda CAI, Megan Coilovers didnt want to spent to much since i plan on going Air Lift. Rv6 Downpipe, Hondata Stage 2 base map, 20% tint all around.
I planned on getting a front pipe from Rv6 as well but they're taking quite a while to make or release it. I might just go buy a PRL front pipe soon. I've been thinking about getting a bigger intercooler, turbo, BOV, Been in the market for an exhaust the systems ive seen dont appeal to me. I might just go to a muffler shop and have a custom one made. I am also looking for a set of wheels. Any criticism, recommendations or advice on anything about parts or the car are welcomed, I'd love the help!
20200617_061336.jpg 20200324_111302.jpg 20200725_150959.jpg 20200515_160311.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Welcome aboard glad to have you here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No criticism.. car looks badass.

Have you thought of vinyl overlays for the chrome parts on the windows?
Thanks, hm overlays? I haven't ill start looking into what colors I would look good, if not ill probably just leave it as is. Any suggestions? Like color match or another color ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Car looks very badass! Agree that some vinyl overlays on that chrome would work well, given the look.

Something the same color as the chrome on your grill, or black would work.

It's all your choice on a very nicely done car. Keep the pics coming (peak under hood would be nice)!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The RV6 front pipe will be worth the wait. I had a RV6 downpipe in my Civic Si and it performed flawless. Quality workmanship!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks, hm overlays? I haven't ill start looking into what colors I would look good, if not ill probably just leave it as is. Any suggestions? Like color match or another color ?
I say black it out!

Also- just some added information that probably isn't needed:
I bought my car in may 2019. The lock and unlock button on the front passenger door is wrinkling and the silver trim on the ac vents are breaking off. I think it might be because of houston heat. I have no clue what I can do about those- but I think maybe the tint with the ceramic material might help with future wear?

I think that would also be very beneficial for you as well.

Since you have a 2.0T Manual also, have you thought of any of the acuity instruments parts for the shifter?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I say black it out!

Also- just some added information that probably isn't needed:
I bought my car in may 2019. The lock and unlock button on the front passenger door is wrinkling and the silver trim on the ac vents are breaking off. I think it might be because of houston heat. I have no clue what I can do about those- but I think maybe the tint with the ceramic material might help with future wear?

I think that would also be very beneficial for you as well.

Since you have a 2.0T Manual also, have you thought of any of the acuity instruments parts for the shifter?
Front windshield ceramic tint will definitely help that. I havent got that done to mine yet but i will when i get a chance. I have looked into acuity instruments, I was going to order the stage 3 kit but its no longer on sale on their site unfortunately, maybe i should just get the stage 2 kit and piece it together or i should try contacting them. I have heard really good things about that shifter. Do you have the shifter upgrade ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The RV6 front pipe will be worth the wait. I had a RV6 downpipe in my Civic Si and it performed flawless. Quality workmanship!
I agree such great workmanship every weld is clean and good material !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car looks very badass! Agree that some vinyl overlays on that chrome would work well, given the look.

Something the same color as the chrome on your grill, or black would work.

It's all your choice on a very nicely done car. Keep the pics coming (peak under hood would be nice)!
I've heard many people have problems with the studs on the factory downpipe to have a stud kit on stand by.. I was lucky enough when I broke the stud it left a good amount to be able to put on another size 14 nut for now until I time to put a new stud in. Here are some pix

20200904_124239.jpg
20200904_115759.jpg
20200904_140200.jpg
20200429_122930.jpg 20200429_122925.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Front windshield ceramic tint will definitely help that. I havent got that done to mine yet but i will when i get a chance. I have looked into acuity instruments, I was going to order the stage 3 kit but its no longer on sale on their site unfortunately, maybe i should just get the stage 2 kit and piece it together or i should try contacting them. I have heard really good things about that shifter. Do you have the shifter upgrade ?
No I don't have any upgrades. I have been debating on getting it for a while. I also heard real good things about it. I want to give it a try but unfortunately- stick shift is almost non-existent so I don't know anyone that has it in their car or anyone that drives stick anymore really. One thing I'm noticing with my shifter is that it seems to get stuck midway through when shifting from gear to gear (especially from 3rd to 4th). I was gonna try to work with it for a while till i can get it looked at but if its something that the dealer doesn't acknowledge then I will for sure get the whole acuity setup. Keep me posted on your build. I think the car looks marvelous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts