2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
I'm guessing you are talking about BoostedWhipz. CVT's are built for economy and low cost. They are not built for performance.

Feel bad for him though. Nice looking car. He knew the risk though and doesn't blame Honda.
BoostedWhipz posted a video w/details of what happened...

We should have some guys chime in that have tuned their 1.5Ts. I was doing some Googling and found this thread on the 10th Gen Civic forum. Hondata R&D finds limit of Civic CVT Looks like KTuner didn't say exactly what the limit is for the CVT (or if the Accord and Civic use the same CVT) but the engine will make more power than the transmission can handle.

Also, I can't remember where I saw it (here or on Reddit) but some user tuned* his car, removed the tune to take the car in for some warranty work, and the dealer was able to tell that the ECU had been programed. So just a heads up to those that use a tune, that you might not be able to hide that from Honda if you run into warranty issues.
Use the JB4... no need to flash it just plugs in. I have it on my 1.5 and enjoy it quite a bit.

After finding out that one of the YouTubers I follow blew out his transmission. I would like to know if a Takeda cold air intake, mishimoto intercooler, HKS bov, and Borla S Type Catback would be good enough to be considered safe or would I later find Cvt issues down the road? Also would I need to get a tune if I go with those upgrades?
i have a 2019 1.5t 6mt with a borla catback exhaust, injen intake, turbox Bov, with a street downpipe and dyno tune. Im putting out 226hp and 293 tq. No issues and i am smoking wrxs audis and few more with no issues. I only got it up to 155mph

I love the 1.5t and I have it tuned but it’s time to get real do you thing think I should remove the tune because I don’t wanna mess up my tranny I’ve broken it once and I don’t really wanna do it again although I have been driving it with more care no neutral dumping just a regular drive thing is I also have a downpipe and cold air intake system installed let me know what you guys think

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.