2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day, I was driving around and I was approaching an intersection with a not so beveled out (smooth radius) cross gutter in the intersection and my car’s front end bottomed out...so I continued driving and after about an hour of so my dash board let up with acc not working etc. Next I took it 2 different Honda dealers and the advisers at both locations pretty much said “oh yeah that’s common” and “we see that all the time” and it’ll cost about $1700 for new sensing radar unit which requires removing the front bumper and installing new bracket unit with the radar (one piece) installed and recalibrated...crazy!!
So be aware of the “ditches”...it ain’t gonna be a cheap fix!! Any alternative suggestions..?

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Sucks this happened... must have been a heck of a gutter. You may try contacting public works of the jurisdiction you were in and make a complaint and ask for assistance ($$$) in repairs. There are standards that public roads have to adhere to so that damage such as this doesn't happen if for some reason this isn't up to those standards the jurisdiction IMO should be liable for damages. Also (if so desired) you could turn it into your insurance company as a claim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Warranty wouldn't cover this since it was caused by a physical impact.

Insurance would cover it, subject to deductible, though, assuming collision coverage is present.
I agree, it would have to be through my insurance but I have $1000 deductible 🙄...so I found a place who specializes in ADAS calibration etc and they’ll diagnose it for $60 to check to see any fault codes and sensor itself if faulty or not, otherwise they’ll recalibrate for $300

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the other day, I was driving around and I was approaching an intersection with a not so beveled out (smooth radius) cross gutter in the intersection and my car’s front end bottomed out...so I continued driving and after about an hour of so my dash board let up with acc not working etc. Next I took it 2 different Honda dealers and the advisers at both locations pretty much said “oh yeah that’s common” and “we see that all the time” and it’ll cost about $1700 for new sensing radar unit which requires removing the front bumper and installing new bracket unit with the radar (one piece) installed and recalibrated...crazy!!
So be aware of the “ditches”...it ain’t gonna be a cheap fix!! Any alternative suggestions..?
Update: I had the Honda sensing radar in front bumper recalibrated at an independent shop and wheel aligned for $365 out the door.....Honda dealer wanted to charge $1700 and another body shop wanted $1500 to recalibrate.....crazy!! There are shops nowdays that calibrate these radars because just about all the new cars have these now and with bumps etc., they go out of alignment inguess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.