2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
One of the new "Refreshed" features of the 2021 Accords is wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto... will be interesting to see if the infotainment center part number in the new Accord will be the same as the "18 - "20 MY. If so could a software update enable the "18 - "20 MY Accord's this ability too. :unsure:

View attachment 5260
View attachment 5262
Wow! Thank you so much for posting this particular information! It is one of the few complaints I have about my 2019 touring model. I so have my fingers crossed that this will be a software upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow! Thank you so much for posting this particular information! It is one of the few complaints I have about my 2019 touring model. I so have my fingers crossed that this will be a software upgrade.
My fingers are crossed too.... if it doesn't happen we made need an ITGuy to hack the system and provide a solution. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Set aside the few tweaks on the interior and exterior for a minute, and you might as well miss out on the news that the 6-Speed manual is not being offered anymore!
The new wheels do look dope, along with the new Sonic Gray Pearl exterior shade. The infotainment also recieves wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, although I believe they are meant for the highest Touring trim.
For the new iteration, Honda also says that it has improved off-the-line acceleration of the Accord, but having driven it, I find it hard to find any difference with the throttle response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did any one get this years Accord? Especially the Touring model. Which one's better, the Touring Hybrid or the regular 2.0L Touring?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did any one get this years Accord? Especially the Touring model. Which one's better, the Touring Hybrid or the regular 2.0L Touring?
I bought a 21 accord touring 2.0t. The hybrid doesn't have a turbo so it has less power and it has a cvt instead of the 10 speed auto. I test drove both before buying and I could tell a difference between the two. The 10 speed with 2.0t is a much better combo IMO. If you are after MPG and don't care about the lack of a turbo, then sure go ahead and get the Touring Hybrid. I think the 2.0t Touring is better than the hybrid all day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 21 accord touring 2.0t. The hybrid doesn't have a turbo so it has less power and it has a cvt instead of the 10 speed auto. I test drove both before buying and I could tell a difference between the two. The 10 speed with 2.0t is a much better combo IMO. If you are after MPG and don't care about the lack of a turbo, then sure go ahead and get the Touring Hybrid. I think the 2.0t Touring is better than the hybrid all day.
2.0 will definitely be the best. I wanted to know how long does hybrid cars live these days?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Accord hybrid is the only trim of the hybrid lineup that is cheaper than the regular 2.0T Accord Touring variant. At $36,240. Despite having the same tune of 2.0L engine, the regular Accord goes onto delivering a maximum of 252 horses instead of the 212 hp that the hybrid variant delivers. Furthermore, Honda also offers a 10-Speed automatic transmission set up along with the regular Accord, with the option of a CVT too. The hybrid, on the other hand, only has the CVT on offer.
Nevertheless having said that, both of these stalwarts are not being offered with the 6-speed manual setup, which is a setback. Apart from these, the feature roster for both these cars are more or less the same. So if I had to choose between the two, I would definitely go for the regular 2.0T Accord Touring.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts