2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just swapped out my 2018 2.0t Touring for a 2021 2.0t Touring and I'm starting to really appreciate the subtle updates to the 2021 model. I had read the NHTSA had rated the 2018-2020 Accord headlights as "poor" and was surprised at this as I've thought the headlights were pretty good. In looking into the updates for 2021, one of the more mentioned items was Honda updating the headlights. Well, I'm here to tell you, these updated headlights are a HUGE improvement! I never realized how poor the previous headlights were, especially the LED high beams! These updated lights project down the road with so much more distance and depth. I fully realize now how the previous headlights are genuinely crap and won't notice until you drive a 2021 at night. I just keep wondering how Honda could've released the 2018-2020 Accords with such poor headlights, as I thought Honda engineers were better than this. Well, I'm glad they updated them because they are amazing and should've been this way 3 years ago. Better late than never Honda!

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
Many '18-'20 Accord trims (e.g. my Sport) use halogen high beams (though LED low beams). I understand they are better than the LED high beams in that generation so it would be interesting to know if the LED high beams in the 2021 are better than the halogen high beams in the '18-'20 models that have them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've just swapped out my 2018 2.0t Touring for a 2021 2.0t Touring and I'm starting to really appreciate the subtle updates to the 2021 model. I had read the NHTSA had rated the 2018-2020 Accord headlights as "poor" and was surprised at this as I've thought the headlights were pretty good. In looking into the updates for 2021, one of the more mentioned items was Honda updating the headlights. Well, I'm here to tell you, these updated headlights are a HUGE improvement! I never realized how poor the previous headlights were, especially the LED high beams! These updated lights project down the road with so much more distance and depth. I fully realize now how the previous headlights are genuinely crap and won't notice until you drive a 2021 at night. I just keep wondering how Honda could've released the 2018-2020 Accords with such poor headlights, as I thought Honda engineers were better than this. Well, I'm glad they updated them because they are amazing and should've been this way 3 years ago. Better late than never Honda!
How much did you pay for the 2021 lights? Brand new or used? I'm sure it was plug and play, right?

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wouldn't say they're absolute crap, I've seen worse lights than the OEM led reflectors in some of my previous cars. Regardless, I ended up doing a jewel eye retrofit out of a 2016 Acura MDX on my 2018.

View attachment 6027

View attachment 6028
Agree. OEM led reflectors are not exactly the worst type of lights you can find. BTW, the pictures look awesome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.