2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2019 honda accord 1.5t and I wanna upgrade the rims. The dilemma I'm having is. ... the car comes with stock 19s and I really dont wanna spend almost 2k on 20s for 1 size bigger, but I like the low look. I like when it looks lowered and tucked. But i love the big rims. I guess the question is , can i put 22s and lower it? Or should i put 20s and lower it? I dont wanna kill the ride. Any have 22s on their car? And 20s? Also i know 20s are staggered. 22s are not. What do i do? I want the car lower 10000%. Idk. Anyone have pics with 20s and 22s on their car?.. thanks. Sry new to this..

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will most likely get some kind of negative response for mentioning 22s on these forums. It also isn't my cup of tea either. However, if the shoe fits, lace that ish up.

As for fit, there are few things you'd need to consider. With bigger wheels, especially 22s, even if you run some kind of super lowpro rubber band tire setup, you're likely going to face some kind of inner fender rubbing issues. It might also interfere with your knuckle, upper control arm, and etc. As for 20s, you'll most likely have less issues to worry about and I'm sure there are plenty of people whom are running such setup.

On top of the overall diameter of the wheels + tires, you'd also have to consider the offset of the wheels (to get better clearance and overall poke out or in look of the wheels). Sometimes, depending on the diameter, even if you don't lower the car, the added diameter from wheel+tire may also fill up the wheel gap. If you choose to stay at factory diameter, and choose to lower the car, you'd also have to rectify the negative camber that comes with lowering your vehicle.

What I'm trying to say is that there are so many variables that no matter which way you want to take your setup, some careful calculation and measurement will definitely come a long way for you.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Also you aren’t gonna get that look with 22” unless you roll, and cut liner and you won’t be able to lower much of any. Now you can lower on coil overs or bags with 20” and I already gave you the size if you don’t want to have to roll ur fenders and get the flush look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I bought a 2019 honda accord 1.5t and I wanna upgrade the rims. The dilemma I'm having is. ... the car comes with stock 19s and I really dont wanna spend almost 2k on 20s for 1 size bigger, but I like the low look. I like when it looks lowered and tucked. But i love the big rims. I guess the question is , can i put 22s and lower it? Or should i put 20s and lower it? I dont wanna kill the ride. Any have 22s on their car? And 20s? Also i know 20s are staggered. 22s are not. What do i do? I want the car lower 10000%. Idk. Anyone have pics with 20s and 22s on their car?.. thanks. Sry new to this..

That’s 22” looks fine to me . 22”8.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts