2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've read some similar issues to mine on here in the past, but for various reasons. Has anyone else been having issues with their Carplay/Bluetooth connectivity and if so, how did you resolve the situation?

I've noticed at random, when using Carplay (the 22's is wireless) it randomly might cut out for a few moments via bluetooth or on the charging pad below the head unit.

I've gone into the developer mode, looked up how to reset/reboot the head unit through ignition tips, etc. And it seemed to fix the issue initially, but now it's doing it again at random...

I've also noticed if I want to play a YouTube video on my phone while connected to Carplay/Bluetooth, it'll especially cut in and out frequently and has a major audio delay from the video?

I don't know if these 10th gen systems/unit/bluetooth are just junk or something else faulty may be causing it? My 22' is completely stock at the moment, all the wires i've checked seem fine so far, and i've even reset my phone as well for diagnostic testing.

It's not that big of an issue usually, but I was curious if this is just bluetooth life or if this is not normal to be experiencing, especially in regard to YouTube videos?

Thanks in advance,
Dylan

·
Registered
952 Posts
This sounds like a internet or signal issue or some else you have interfering with your connection. The common issues I have see are simply it not always connecting to car immediately, but that's common with all Bluetooth devices and connections. iPads, Android tablets, earbuds, basically all devices have that issue sometimes so it's not unexpected with the car. Do you have any other devices in your car that put off a signal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This sounds like a internet or signal issue or some else you have interfering with your connection. The common issues I have see are simply it not always connecting to car immediately, but that's common with all Bluetooth devices and connections. iPads, Android tablets, earbuds, basically all devices have that issue sometimes so it's not unexpected with the car. Do you have any other devices in your car that put off a signal?
Nope. Just my cellphone, which has been restarted, as well as the vehicle's unit. It'll occur at random while driving, parked, etc. The audio lagging on videos is just a constant though.

The unit actually wouldn't connect to bluetooth at all just now — unless via USB, it wouldn't even appear on my phone bluetooth connections, nor could be saved as a phone. The car kept saying Bluetooth was off and when I turned it back on, it just immediatey turned itself back off. That took multiple Honda hard resets to finally have it appear again on my cellphone and successfully pair to the vehicle again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '21 with wireless Carplay and charging. The Carplay seems to take a minute to connect through bluetooth, I have had various times where I could never get it to connect to my radio even though the phone showed up as an option on my radio and the radio on my phone. I at this time just hook it up to the apple chord for charging and Carplay, it usually pops right up but I have had it just randomly act like I unplugged the phone while not touching the phone and the phone in a secured location and not moving, once I unplug it and plug it back in works no problem this can happen more than once in one driving session. The wireless charging issue I believe I am having is due to the raised cameras on the phone causing it to not sit evenly on the charging pad, so this is probably more of a me issue than the car itself. I've read of the bluetooth and Carplay being an on going problem in the 10th gen accords with really no remedy. Interested to see if anyone finds anything out. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a '21 with wireless Carplay and charging. The Carplay seems to take a minute to connect through bluetooth, I have had various times where I could never get it to connect to my radio even though the phone showed up as an option on my radio and the radio on my phone. I at this time just hook it up to the apple chord for charging and Carplay, it usually pops right up but I have had it just randomly act like I unplugged the phone while not touching the phone and the phone in a secured location and not moving, once I unplug it and plug it back in works no problem this can happen more than once in one driving session. The wireless charging issue I believe I am having is due to the raised cameras on the phone causing it to not sit evenly on the charging pad, so this is probably more of a me issue than the car itself. I've read of the bluetooth and Carplay being an on going problem in the 10th gen accords with really no remedy. Interested to see if anyone finds anything out. Good luck to you.
Seeing the dealership tomorrow. I plan to bring it to their awareness. Not optimistic about it, but maybe someone will spill the beans. I'll be sure to report anything notably here if so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts