2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone and the turn by turn display, while using Android Auto (AA), on the HUD is not working recently. However, It was working a month ago or so. I have the 2018 Accord 2T Touring and previously the HUD turn by turn was working with my old phone (Galaxy S10 Ultra). I suspect that it might be AA/Google maps issue or the new phone. I have tried the basics for troubleshooting but no luck yet. Any suggestions or ideas to resolve this issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone and the turn by turn display, while using Android Auto (AA), on the HUD is not working recently. However, It was working a month ago or so. I have the 2018 Accord 2T Touring and previously the HUD turn by turn was working with my old phone (Galaxy S10 Ultra). I suspect that it might be AA/Google maps issue or the new phone. I have tried the basics for troubleshooting but no luck yet. Any suggestions or ideas to resolve this issue? Thanks!
Sometimes the t-by-t display in my 2018 Touring also blanks out. It seems to happen more since I upgraded to a Samsung Flip 3, but still only happens maybe once every 10 to 20 trips. I think it is just a communication issue between the phone and the HUD portion of the display, since loading "navigation" into the dashboard display still works.

You might recall, back in 2018, there were issues where people complained that "the compass disappeared." It was the same - the dash display still had it. You could fix it by rebooting the system (not recommended here), but a software fix eventually ended it. So I suspect it is the same issue. You could double check that you have all software updates.

Sometimes turning the car off, or unplugging the phone and plugging it back in fixes it. But if not, the dash display still works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was finally able to resolve my issue! It looks like I most likely lost my turn by turn display in the HUD because I am using Ktuner. I flashed to stock when I took the car in for an oil change, then re-flashed back to Stage 2. It's possible this was the cause. The remedy was disconnecting the negative battery terminal then re-connecting the terminal. I started up the car, connected my phone and launched Android Auto and selected a destination and presto---turn by turn appeared in the HUD!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts